Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Posting collections pictures online question

I avoid all this drama by having a collection no one else would want.
    Collecting Dave Winfield, Karl 'Tuffy' Rhodes, Roberto Kelly, Dave Henderson and Sir Hensley Meulens
    Clyde's Stale Cards blog

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbum View Post
    Totally agreed, makes me think of the guys (won't mention any handles or names) that tell everyone..."for those of you I'm working on a trade with, I still want to trade with you, I'll be gone for a week, but I'll finish our trades when I get back" How stupid is that? People do it on Facebook and Twitter too.

I'm a stay at home dad so I'm ALWAYYYYYYS home and we stand our ground in Florida, got some decent protection going on down here.

After reading your post. I am so happy that I live so far away from you and your kind.

Quote Originally Posted by budd2222 View Post
    After reading your post. I am so happy that I live so far away from you and your kind.
    If by "my kind" you mean a law-abiding, loving father and husband that is willing to do anything to protect his family, then yes I am just as glad to be the opposite of you as you are of me.
    My trade page

My Bucket (Note: Not everything here is for trade, just ask)

Since I am selling off my entire collection (as it seems i am having a mid life crisis and dont want to collect anymore) my wife came up with a great idea. we decided to get a storage unit to put some of our crap in (camping gear,holiday decoration,s, etc) she said since i am selling my collection card by card on ebay, why not go to home depot by some shelves and put them in the storage unit. so i bought some shelves and put my boxes of cards in the storage unit. then what ill do since i ship once a week on ebay, is ill go to the storage unit, pull all my cards that i sold them ship them. so far it seems to work pretty good and has cleared up alot of space in my house and now all my cards are all in one place locked in my storage unit across town.
    Last edited by Hawaiian BamBam; 09-15-2013 at 12:09 AM.
    John 3:16 -"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"

Originally Posted by budd2222

Wow, what did you mean by that? Beachbum, I'm with you, I am a law abiding, tax paying, family loving, church going, gun toting, card collector, and very proud of it. I'm with Beachbum, glad you are the opposite of me.

Thanks dadandsoncards for the support...the other GUY took a tongue-in-cheek moment and went south with it probably by not reading the context of the thread which was about securing your collections, situations having been stolen from, and overall cautiousness about dealing with strangers over the internet (and giving them your address by the way). Just because I live in Florida and exercise my rights doesn't make me a hater!

Quote Originally Posted by dadandsoncards View Post
    Originally Posted by budd2222

Wow, what did you mean by that? Beachbum, I'm with you, I am a law abiding, tax paying, family loving, church going, gun toting, card collector, and very proud of it. I'm with Beachbum, glad you are the opposite of me.
    My trade page

My Bucket (Note: Not everything here is for trade, just ask)

to the top, any new updates or thoughts on this? thanks
    John 3:16 -"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"

yeah...don't have your ex stepson in your house...EVER !!! not one but TWO complete 1976 Topps football sets,a 1974 set ,and a 1972 set with the high numbers mysteriously vanished while I was co-ordinating his mother's funeral(cancer).Of course,nobody knew anything.I haven't seen him in years.I can only assume the sets must have bought some good drugs.

that sucks. i had my brother steal my jose canseco cards back in the 80's..back then jose canseco was a big thing!

for those that mentioned they had their collections stolen. did you use a scanner or cellphone for the pictures? i ask because i read that if you use your cellphone because of the gps on the phones,the pictures have the location it was taken. scanners i think are safer because their is no gps on scanners.

Plus I heard that they can use your scan of a card on ebay for their auctions........Because your card maybe in better shape then theirs. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Plus I heard that they can use your scan of a card on ebay for their auctions........Because your card maybe in better shape then theirs. Best regards, David
    yes, that happens all the time. ebay doesnt seem to care.

any more thoughts on this subject?