Chat Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Bench Founder
A new site Chat Box is ready for use by all members. It's located in the Forum page at the bottom of the page.

1) You can click on the black arrow on the right of the box to open the chat in a new page.
2) There are buttons on the left of the box to choose the chat channel.

Most member will only see two at the moment (General and BSL)

Enjoy and please give me some feedback.

FYI - The old chat room will be disabled.

Worked just fine for me.

Curious if having it on the main forums page, rather than having to click to go to it, will increase the usage/traffic.

I moved it to the top of the site, and it displays on the forum list, in each forum and in the threads. Hopefully the more people see it might get more usage out of it.

If people prefer I can move it back down to the bottom, but for those who don't even want to see it just click on the arrow on the top right of the chat box to minimize.

Dennis brought this up..is there a way to see who's in the chat room? The sound is kind of a problem......remembers me of the time I had a problem of the sound of a door creaking being opened....that problem was resolved! Best regards, David

Dennis brought this up..is there a way to see who's in the chat room? The sound is kind of a problem......remembers me of the time I had a problem of the sound of a door creaking being opened....that problem was resolved! Best regards, David

There is no separate room/page so anyone logged onto the site is participating in the chat.

The sound/alert of a new message can be disabled by clicking the speaker button in the chat box. But by leaving it on you will know when someone is in chat.

I like the chat function right up on top of the thread I'm looking at where I can see it. Who knows, I may even be tempted to use it!

Scott

I turned on a feature of the chat box that alerts chat users when a new thread is created.

I am trying to find a way to disable chat for myself. Every time I click a new thread or a new page I get an error that results in about 10 to 20 second delay before the chat loads, which greatly affects my desire to browse the forum. I have tried the minimize tab you point out on top right but this only results in the chat box being smaller and it still has to load up go thru the 10 to 20 second error message process before I am able to to do anything else.
I have tried from both work and home and the error message I get happens every time regardless of my location. any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
dave

I made a slight change to the chat box, let me know if you still have this issue.

I am trying to find a way to disable chat for myself. Every time I click a new thread or a new page I get an error that results in about 10 to 20 second delay before the chat loads, which greatly affects my desire to browse the forum. I have tried the minimize tab you point out on top right but this only results in the chat box being smaller and it still has to load up go thru the 10 to 20 second error message process before I am able to to do anything else.
I have tried from both work and home and the error message I get happens every time regardless of my location. any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
dave

Thank you kindly for the response and assistance. Chat area is loading quicker for the most part.
Still a few other page errors, but much better overall. thanks again! - dave

I made a slight change to the chat box, let me know if you still have this issue.