Back to work after 6 months off after knee surgery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pltcards

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I hit a step wrong this weekend and ruptured the quad tendon going to my knee cap. Have to have surgery tomorrow to repair it . Should only be a one night stay but I am not sure how much I will be on for a while. Probably be off work for 4 to 6 months, so I will have all kinds of time after a few days to goof off here . Pat

Last edited:
Pat I'll be thinking about yah man! Don't be stubborn doing recovery and overdue it:)

My dad gets both knees replaced in a few weeks gonna be interesting to say the least. Get yah up and running soon

4-6 months off work for that--please try to tell me how the stumble went so I can try it at work!:)

Wow RQT surgery this ain't no arthoscopic surgery i had this surgery done about 10 years ago-First a 8-10 inch cut in the leg is done on top of the kneecap-Then 4 holes are drilled lengthwise through the kneecap from the top near the femur to the bottom near the tibia..then a couple of pieces of permanent material are stitched in the quadricep muscle and tendon and i think the stitching resembles the stitching on a baseball..then the material is run through the holes in the patella and then are anchored at the bottom.

Last edited:
Hey Pat
I will be saying a prayer or two for you on your procejure tomorrow. Hope everything goes well and follow the drs orders I know some of the stuff you will be going thru Remember I had three total knee replacements
Take and catch you later
Tom

Wow RQT surgery this ain't no arthoscopic surgery i had this surgery done about 10 years ago-First a 8-10 inch cut in the leg is done on top of the kneecap-Then 4 holes are drilled lengthwise through the kneecap from the top near the femur to the bottom near the tibia..then a couple of pieces of permanent material are stitched in the quadricep muscle and tendon and i think the stitching resembles the stitching on a baseball..then the material is run through the holes in the patella and then are anchored at the bottom.

David it is still close to that, but the they didnt drill though the knee cap, they attach anchor hooks and then run super heavy sutures, whatever that means, back to qluad. It does hurt pretty bad still today. I am in a brace from hip to ankle and am allowed to put "toe Pressure" on it while I walk with a walkier or crutches. A long recovery I guess. Thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes everyone. It is weird to be home since I have been working 7 days a week for years. Oh well, if my wife doesnt kill me I will make it through this. I wish I had a picture of me scooching my big butt in the back seat of a Honda Civic to get home from the hospital. Lets make some trades, I should have plenty of time for a while now. Pat

hey Pat
Glad to hear you are home now we will have to put a trade together or two . just make sure you follow drs and rehabs orders. By the way last nite I ended up in the hospital and got 4 staples in my hear as I got hurt at the soccer game last nite
GO STEELERS

David it is still close to that, but the they didnt drill though the knee cap, they attach anchor hooks and then run super heavy sutures, whatever that means, back to qluad. It does hurt pretty bad still today. I am in a brace from hip to ankle and am allowed to put "toe Pressure" on it while I walk with a walkier or crutches. A long recovery I guess. Thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes everyone. It is weird to be home since I have been working 7 days a week for years. Oh well, if my wife doesnt kill me I will make it through this. I wish I had a picture of me scooching my big butt in the back seat of a Honda Civic to get home from the hospital. Lets make some trades, I should have plenty of time for a while now. Pat

I had the surgery in May of 2003 and it looks like the procedure is slightly different..i was also in a knee brace from my hip to my ankle a real annoyance and my problem i am horrible on crutches and ended with a walker..recovery for me was almost 8 month's and it's now 2013 and i still have knee pain constantly but what is really odd sitting is a problem for me as i can't sit for long periods of time..for example riding in car for long distances is painful..standing i have no problems so when i have to sit my right leg has be extended out..i can't cross my right leg over my left leg..and then there's the physical therapy riding a stationary bike and sitting on the end of a table and flexing the knee not very pleasant experience.

I finally went back to work this last week after over 6 months off. I am still not 100% and am honestly wondering if I ever will be, but I ran out of disability and had to go back. David you were right about the recovery and therapy, it is one of the toughest things I have ever done. I did do it faithfully and I really noticed the improvement as I worked through it. Thank God for the BSL, it helped me get through many days waiting for updates and trying to talk some trades. Thanks to everyone for hanging in with the league and carrying on some good conversations.

While I was off my parents were involved in a real bad wreck and were hospitalized and then in a nursing facility for a couple of months. Both are home now and improving. They were in one of the GM cars whose ignition just shut off while driving. They lost power and skidded down an ice covered hill hitting a tree head on. The damn brakes, and steering locked up and the air bags did not deploy. They have attorneys working on this but even getting any money will not make up for all the damage that was done to them.

Anyhow it has been an interesting 7 months, but I think adversity makes us stronger. thanks to all for the well wishes and keep making the BSL strong. Pat