BSL Offseason #4: Rule 5 draft time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Files will be uploading shortly. Dennis, make sure to click the 'check for new league file' before making any changes.

Website will NOT be updated this sim.

Thank you to Baltimore for re-signing the most coveted free agent of the offseason. Boo.

Trades were NOT processed due to the Rule 5 draft (it takes any player in DFA and shows them as rule 5 eligible) I also added all MLB free agent signings to teams' active rosters to avoid this as well, so if you signed someone to a ML deal, they will already be on your active roster.

That being said, all the players listed under the Rule 5 draft pool in game are eligible. Given the weekend is coming and holidays are among us, we will have a rolling Rule 5 draft, just like the contraction draft.

Keep in mind these simple rules for Rule 5:
1. You are NOT forced to make a pick, just say pass.
2. Anyone you draft MUST stay on your 25 man MLB roster all year and cannot be sent to minors.
3. You MAY release (owing any money due) or trade them during the season.

That being said, let's kick this off to get it rolling. If you know you will be passing, you can post that in advance. Keep in mind, if you post you are passing, you CANNOT reserve that decision later.

1 MIN - PASS
2 BOS - CL Albert Torres
3 ARZ - MR Arthur Webb LIST 2
4 LAD - PASS
5 PHI - PASS
6 TEX - SP Dan Watts PASS2
7 COL - PASS
8 MIL - RF Ed Fraizer
9 PIT - PASS
10 ATL - PASS
11 WSH - PASS
12 DET - PASS
13 CLE - PASS
14 TOR - RF Rob Pierson PASS2
15 SEA - PASS
16 CHW - PASS
17 MIA - PASS
18 STL mr j ramos PASS2
19 NYM - PASS
20 TB - PASS
21 KC - PASS
22 NYY - PASS
23 CHN - PASS
24 SF ss joey james
25 OAK SP Joseph Reed PASS2
26 SD
27 CIN - LIST
28 BAL -PASS

Last edited:
After looking at the Rule 5 pool the Tigers will be passing on picking anyone.

Was happy the Tigers were able to fill a couple of low level slots already in the free agent market. Everyone else I made offers to said they had better ones from the Royals so I better step it up! Even in the winter Cory haunts me:)

Minnesota Twins: Signed free agent SP Roy Halladay to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,425,600.
Detroit Tigers: Signed free agent 1B Rodney Bishop to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,509,600.
Baltimore Orioles: Signed free agent 3B Rafael Santos to a 4-year contract worth a total of $91,000,000.
New York Yankees: Signed free agent SP Joaquin Salcher to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,500,000.
Milwaukee Brewers: Signed free agent SP Rickey Dunn to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,975,000.
Detroit Tigers: Signed free agent SS Starlin Castro to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,500,000.
St. Louis Cardinals: Signed free agent SS Millard Carlisle to a 1-year contract worth a total of $950,000.
Cincinnati Reds: Signed free agent CL Ismaël André to a minor league contract.
Tampa Bay Rays: Signed free agent RF Rob Stroud to a minor league contract.
Cleveland Indians: Signed free agent LF Chris Heisey to a 2-year contract worth a total of $864,000.
Cleveland Indians: Signed free agent 1B Mike Carp to a minor league contract.
Toronto Blue Jays: Signed free agent MR Jeff Jones to a minor league contract.
Chicago White Sox: Signed free agent CL Silas Baxter to a minor league contract.

Orioles pass on their Rule 5 draft pick.

I got Santos a little cheaper than what he wanted during last season. Kinda shocked he resigned with me, but very glad he did.

Todd

Orioles pass on their Rule 5 draft pick.

I got Santos a little cheaper than what he wanted during last season. Kinda shocked he resigned with me, but very glad he did.

Todd

A guy with loyalty and stays with his original team for less money? I thought this was suppose to be as MLB realistic as possibly lol. Glad he didn't come to the NL and good luck this season.