Introducing --->Excluded forums!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Bench Founder
The biggest issue that came up after the site upgrade 2 years ago, was the fact that members could no longer exclude a forum from the "NEW POSTS" link. It was a nice feature in our old software that allowed you to block threads/post from showing in the new posts for forums you had no interest in.

We we finally found a work around and it is now in place.

To Exclude any forum you first need to know the forum #
Click on the Forum Tab in the Nav Bar and move your mouse over (don't click)
the forum you want to exclude. On the bottom of your screen you should see the same as this pic

attachment.php

In this case the forum # is 13.

Write all the forum #'s down that you want to exclude.

NEXT

Click on the Setting link located at the top of the site
On the left menu
Edit Profile

Scroll down and a new field called Exclude Forums should be visible.

In the box enter the forum numbers separated by a comma.

REFRESH your screen and check out the new posts!

Great news. Thanks for finding a way.

This is better than the old excluded forums. You can still access excluded forums by going to the Forum tab if you want to.

Last edited:
I'm trying to add to the forums that I have excluded. Is the entry field limited in length? I am only able to add 1 character and it won't let me add anything else.

quick question : many forums are grouped in small "clusters".....for example , the "autographs" forum has a number of 69 while the 4 sub-forums within it are numbers 32 , 67 , 68 , and 153......the bench sim league forum is number 145 and contains 3 sub-forums numbered 147 , 148 , and 172.....

would excluding the one MAIN forum number then exclude ALL the sub-forums or do we need to exclude each sub-forum individually ? (this may come into play depending upon your answer to anglinomics question above mine)

quick question : many forums are grouped in small "clusters".....for example , the "autographs" forum has a number of 69 while the 4 sub-forums within it are numbers 32 , 67 , 68 , and 153......the bench sim league forum is number 145 and contains 3 sub-forums numbered 147 , 148 , and 172.....

would excluding the one MAIN forum number then exclude ALL the sub-forums or do we need to exclude each sub-forum individually ? (this may come into play depending upon your answer to anglinomics question above mine)

Using Autographs as an example, entering the main forum number 69 doesn't do anything except use up limited space in the field. You have to enter 32, 67, 68, and 153 to exclude all autograph forums.

oddly enough , i found out something slightly different....at first i entered just two forum numbers : 69 for autographs and 145 for bench sim league....it DID block SOME threads in the sub-forums of those two categories , but it didn't catch ALL of them....not sure why it "selectively" or "randomly" excluded some but let others through , but i HAVE now put in all the sub-forum numbers for both of those categories and at least so far they are now properly excluded....if your issue (limited field for input of forum numbers) is intentional or the field can't be expanded , it sure would be nice if they could find a way to get the one major forum number to work as a way to block numerous sub-forums in one fell swoop without having to add each sub-forum number

Using Autographs as an example, entering the main forum number 69 doesn't do anything except use up limited space in the field. You have to enter 32, 67, 68, and 153 to exclude all autograph forums.