344.00! wow!Major league movie eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

If u google Beckett did a article about this set. Has the entire cast. Tough set to find.im thinking 275-300

Honestly I don't know. If I saw sitting at a yard sale I would not have guessed that there would be that much interest in them. But by the fact that there is already a bidder I know that this belief is way off.

I was super shocked. But then after I thought about it, how long until fakes start popping up? The cards are blank backed, so if the wrong people figure it out, there will be unsealed sets showing up soon. Unfortunately, that just seems to be the way the hobby is anymore.

But I think it is really cool that it sold so high. I am like a member above, if I seen it at a garage sale with $3 on it, I would offer a buck and/or walk away. Pretty cool!

At yard sales and goodwill, anything sports related if it is cheap, I pick it up lol. Never know. Wait till topps commons 3500 boxes start selling at yard sales when kids go to college. Prob sparkles and ssp in them hills! I would love this set but 344 is waaaay outta my league.

Happy hunting hope you find a treasure!

A perfect example of scarce, yet little demand. If more people were chasing it and it truly is that hard to find (which I believe, have always wanted a set ever since i saw it listed in the almanac), then it would have gone even higher. I hope a real fan of the set won it and not just someone who had deep pockets and bid on a whim.

I wonder if it would have sold just as well with a 99 cent opening bid. It's risky, because you chance that perfect storm where you are selling something good, but nobody sees it in time. However, starting at $199 knocked out most bidders and the activity a low start price generates.

I would guess it would still end where it did, though if I were looking at it from the sellers vantage point, I can see the logic behind not doing it.