What Dodger Jerseys would you pick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian BamBam

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
I was talking to a co worker at work about him building a dodgers sports room/man cave at his house, he said he is going to put up like a hundred dodger jerseys hanging from the ceiling by hangers. i told him it would look better if he picked the top 12 best dodger players and framed the, so an interesting debate started and i told him i would ask my friends on the bench what they thought (since most of you are very knowledgeable with great advice) so we debated two questions.

1. what color jerseys looks better framed? home white or away gray or i told him to alternate the jerseys from white to gray to white to gray, etc.your thoughts please? thanks

2. this is where we really got into a debate? what 12 dodgers jersey would you pick as the greatest dodgers? i would pick the following, in no specific order. your thoughts please? thanks

1. Lasorda
2.Koufax
3.Drysdale
4.Robinson
5.Reese
6.Snider
7. Campanella
8. Hershiser
9.Valenzuela
10. Mota
11.Sutton
12. Gibson

Extras:

Hodges
Wills
Newcombe
Scioscia
Perranoski
Marshall
Baker
Smith
Butler
Piazza
Garvey
Cey
Lopes
Russell
Karros
John, Tommy
Welch
Herman
Wheat

Last edited:
I would take a couple of guys off your top list and add a few others.

I would take Mota & Gibson off and put Garvey on the list.

I would take 2 players from each decade maybe so to add a few newer guys on as well. Kershaw should be on the top list as well I feel.

Ron

I'd vote Alston over Lasorda, and agree with adding Scully, though I might make some kind of 'voice of the Dodgers' display vs a jersey for that. I think it'd be tough to leave out the longest reigning infield in the game, so I'd likely put Garvey and Cey in, and take out Mota and Gibson. Lastly, I'd probably swap Hodges in for Fernando.

I'd vote Alston over Lasorda, and agree with adding Scully, though I might make some kind of 'voice of the Dodgers' display vs a jersey for that. I think it'd be tough to leave out the longest reigning infield in the game, so I'd likely put Garvey and Cey in, and take out Mota and Gibson. Lastly, I'd probably swap Hodges in for Fernando.

I'll take Campy, Koufax, Drysdale, and Piazza. (Maybe Hodges)

Duane

I'd have him choose his fav in dodger history. Like Gibson walk off, Hudson first cycle hit at dodger stadium.... Etc etc.... Not someone else's list. He has to look at it. Not us.

I would select my favorite dodger for every postion and for pitcher postion: a righter, lefter and relief pitcher plus One for best manager and for the best tv boardcaster. Best regards, David

Hey man!

1) The color really depends on what the individual wants. I would go with the whichever jersey looks nicer for the period, i.e. I like the old road jerseys but maybe the newer home....

2) You have a solid list of players. Although there are other options, i.e. rookies of the year theme, HoF only theme, his favorite players (my Yankee room would have Kevin Maas although he was a scrub).

Just some thoughts.

Garvey
Cey
Lopes
Russell would be a cool quad frame, if you could get all signed, even cooler!

Piazza was a great Dodger, and Lasorda will always be the legendary manager, has to go on the list! Cool idea, and I like the alternating idea! Black outer frame is a must! (Less dust than hangers, easier to clean and keep in good condition!)

Well besides Sheffield... LOL I'm jk. Although you'd be crazy to say he was anything but stellar with his stint with LA. I'd pick the 12 players over the 100 like you said. I would center everything around Jackie Robinson because whether someone likes baseball or not they would probably know who they are. Of course this is for someone who likes baseball and friends most likely all know baseball so. Totally a toss up to be honest, it's up to whoever deciding.

Besides that I don't have too much knowledge on the Dodgers. I do have an 8 foot banner that was hanged at Dodger Stadium of Gary Sheffield that I would be open to trading/selling to you if interested. I don't believe I have a COA but I wouldn't be asking an arm and a leg. I have no place to put it.

Well besides Sheffield... LOL I'm jk. Although you'd be crazy to say he was anything but stellar with his stint with LA. I'd pick the 12 players over the 100 like you said. I would center everything around Jackie Robinson because whether someone likes baseball or not they would probably know who they are. Of course this is for someone who likes baseball and friends most likely all know baseball so. Totally a toss up to be honest, it's up to whoever deciding.

Besides that I don't have too much knowledge on the Dodgers. I do have an 8 foot banner that was hanged at Dodger Stadium of Gary Sheffield that I would be open to trading/selling to you if interested. I don't believe I have a COA but I wouldn't be asking an arm and a leg. I have no place to put it.

I have to agree, Jackie Robinson is more than a baseball player, he is an American legend!

That infield of the disco-era Dodgers was more enduring than any other or since & won more Gold Gloves together than any other infield in history, am I right? For that reason I would have to include Wes Parker, Steve Garvey, Ron Cey, Davey Lopes and Bill Russell. Maybe frame the infield together, I like the alternating white & grey idea. I also like Maury Wills a lot.