Made my first purchase on Sportlots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bblair_2002

MVP
5.00 star(s)
A couple of weeks ago,March 4th to be exact,I made my first purchase on Sportlots. The cards I bought were the last 3 cards needed to complete my 2011 Topps/Topps Update Cognac Anniversary set. I paid my $4 Paypal which included $2 for premium shipping which when I looked it up,meant shipping in at the least a bubble mailer. The seller had an average of 3.6 days turnaround time which I thought was pretty good so I gave it a shot.

Fast forward to yesterday,I finally received the cards in the mail (17 days later). The cards came in a PWE and all the cards were sleeveless inside a semi-rigid holder with tape covering the opening. To make things more scary,part of the cards slid outside the semi-rigid and were exposed to the tape but luckily I was able to save the cards ("Huzzah!").

I left the seller a neutral feedback based on both the method of shipping and the lack of speed during the transaction. I'm a newb on that site and I know some of you use that site alot but I don't know if that site's for me if all my transactions are gonna be like this. Someone tell me that's not the case or if you have a similar story about dealings on there,please feel free to post.

Thanks,
Brett

I have made several purchases on Sportlots...never had any issues....just remember the seller and never buy from that seller again....I would leave negative feedback...

I have made several purchases on Sportlots...never had any issues....just remember the seller and never buy from that seller again....I would leave negative feedback...

I did receive my cards undamaged in the end so didn't feel the need for a negative but I don't plan on dealing with that seller ever again.

I find that place difficult to navigate!

Maybe block that seller from here on out? I've made several purchases from that site w/o problems but am waiting for the day I get burned...

I buy from sportlots when I can't trade for the cards I need,I had one seller said he had the card in his inventory so I paid for it ,when I got what I was hoping was the last card I needed to complete my set ,
was not it,it was totally wrong,so I left negative feedback and this seller got mad because of the negative
feedback I gave him,to make a long story short ,I don't deal with him at all.
(I also agree with greyminis)
Jon

Last edited:
I've bought a bunch from sportlots. I like the site to fill in gaps in my sets. And I've found some good deals over time. I don't think shipping issues are isolated to sportlots though. In general people are careful, but sometimes you'll get underprotected (amazingly no cards damaged) or overprotected (you need surgical tools to carefully unravel the layers of protective wrappings).

I would have neg'd seller for sure. Not only was that slow shipping but for charging $2 & then to send in PWE is just unacceptable for me to leave anything but a negative. JMHO though!

The seller had 1830 positives,51 neutrals and 23 negatives so I guess I'm just lucky I made it out unscathed and my 2011 Cognac master set is now complete after 2 1/2 years so yay!

Next time I'll have to take the seller's feedback into account more closely. I figured for the $4 I spent worst case scenario is I'd be out $4. It won't scare me away and I'll make more purchases there in the future as my other sets get closer to completion.

greyminis - I've experienced a ton of over-protective packaging lately. Tape upon tape upon tape and it's really frustrating.

Thanks for everyone's input,
Brett

Every time I've purchased from there I usually get my cards in 5 days or less. PWE is the norm for one or two cards.

I'm a newb on that site and I know some of you use that site alot but I don't know if that site's for me if all my transactions are gonna be like this. Someone tell me that's not the case or if you have a similar story about dealings on there,please feel free to post.

With Sportlots you are just ordering from a multitude of different sellers. So if you always order from the same seller, then yes, all of your orders will be like that. I've probably made a few dozen orders from Sportlots in the last 10 years and never had anything shipped so poorly. Your mileage may vary.

for one to pay for premium shipping,and then get a pwe...that's worth reporting to the sportlot powers that be.51 neutrals and 23 negatives are a red flag to me.I've had some great experiences on sportlots,and I've had some bad ones too...But you can't knock the whole site because of one bad apple. I would have left negative feedback and reported the incident

I've have bought many cards and have nothing but great service, I try to buy from the same people. Don't give up on the site, there are many great sellers.

for one to pay for premium shipping,and then get a pwe...that's worth reporting to the sportlot powers that be.51 neutrals and 23 negatives are a red flag to me.I've had some great experiences on sportlots,and I've had some bad ones too...But you can't knock the whole site because of one bad apple. I would have left negative feedback and reported the incident

Agreed, getting screwed out of actual premium shipping is definitely something to report and tag the seller with a neutral or negative. One bad seller gives the whole site a bad name. Thankfully the owners take that kind of thing seriously.

I gave him a neutral feedback because I did get the cards and they were mint even though they were sent the way they were,but I did mention the "paid for premium,sent in a PWE" in my feedback.

It's not gonna shy me away from the site,just ticked that my first transaction turned out the way it did.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps

Members online