FINISHED! 1909-1911 T206 Boston Americans (Red Sox) Team Set (SCANS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbjeeplj

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
This has been a project of mine for awhile, slowly picking them up when the price/condition is right. My criteria was that they presented well and didn't have significant paper loss. Softer corners and mild staining I was more forgiving on. The final one I picked up was Frank Smith, which actually shows him in a Chicago uniform, but has him listed as playing for Chicago and Boston (kind of a "TRADED" card). Its a rarity so harder to find.

Besides the Smith, the hardest to find were the Speaker (HOF), the Kleinow (rarity), and the Cicotte (Black Sox player). I may try to updgrade someday, but for now I am just glad to have it all together (sorry for the big scans):
ArellanesT206SGC40.jpgCarriganT206Piedmont.jpg
CicotteT206.jpgKleinowT206SGC40.jpg
LordT206SGC40.jpgNilesT206SGC50.jpg
SpeakerT206SGC30.jpgSpencerT206PSA2.jpg
StahlT206GloveSGC40.jpgStahlT206PSA4.jpg
WagnerT206LeftShoulderPSA4.jpgWagnerT206SweetCapPSA2.jpg
SmithT206PolarBear.jpg

Nice collection!!! I'm sure you feel a great sense of satisfaction in completing this goal. Next question is what's next?

Nice job, and I was happy completing my 1971 football set, lol......looks great

It's nice to know that the hobby maintained all these years! In 2100 who knows your 1989 Topps may actually be worth something! Congrats I can only imagine how hard cards are to find over 100 years old let alone newly released!

Thanks everyone!
Not sure what I'm gonna work on next. For now I am just focusing on my comparatively easy modern mini sets (Gypsy Queen, Allen & Ginter, etc)