2018 NL East Predictions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meliah

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Was going to do the entire NL but this took longer than I thought:) Will try to finish up the NL this evening. I hope no teams take offense to anything I said about a team, was trying to remain objective.

NL East--

First Place--NY Mets--

Until someone knocks off the defending champs I have to put them at number 1. Starting pitching is solid as is the bullpen. The outfield will be carrying much of the offensive load. Considering the amount of money spent and the size of some contracts this team needs to keep winning now.

Second place--Miami Marlins

While there are only a few big names on the pitching staff many of the pieces upon second glace are solid performers. Still, this looks to be a team that will be looking towards it's young offense to win games this year.

Third Place--Nationals--

Nationals still have a below average rotation and a sometimes scary pen but big upgrades to the infield and outfield will have this team sniffing .500 I believe. Been rebuilding since Dewayne took over so things appear to be on the right track...on the way up:)

Fourth Place--Phillies--

This team has some very nice young studs on both pitching and offense but they are surrounded by lower tier players or aging players with bloated contracts. Time is ripe to rebuild around those young players now and shed payroll.

Fifth Place--Braves--

Very little going on for the Braves right now, pitching staff overall looks to have a rough year and the offense is going to struggle. Having Webb's contract come off the book next year should free up a lot of money for this low market team.

Good rundown. I would speculate the Mets too but the Marlins may put in a run this year.

Rebuilding for four straight years...sounds like the real life Astros! Maybe one of these days my owner will come off some coin, a FA or two will want to sign with us, and fans will support the team. Until then we will keep holding our heads high.

Dewayne

Sad that you never got the entire MLB predictions out. I used to be in a Baseball Pro: Front Page Sports sim league (started it all for me back in 1996!) and we would write an actual newspaper story each week about our teams, leagues, drafts. I had a ton of fun back in the day with those. I kinda miss them. The in-game stuff is cool but it's all canned. I like the opinions and subjectivity of real people writing real stuff.

Sad that you never got the entire MLB predictions out. I used to be in a Baseball Pro: Front Page Sports sim league (started it all for me back in 1996!) and we would write an actual newspaper story each week about our teams, leagues, drafts. I had a ton of fun back in the day with those. I kinda miss them. The in-game stuff is cool but it's all canned. I like the opinions and subjectivity of real people writing real stuff.

I wanted to finish but then the first sim had been ran and I felt it would skew my rankings.

Ya. New job man its crazy busy and the boys are in so many sports that that I dont even know how i juggle it LOL. How are the kids??

They are good and keeping me busy....now you have me scared for when they start sports...Daddy needs some sleep!

New job eh, let me know what corner you work at and I'll stop by and see you:)