Member Marketplace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Bench Founder
We would like to introduce a new feature to the site called "Marketplace". This will be up an running on
a trial period so we can monitor it's usefulness to our members.

The software allows members to showcase items they have for sale. This is not auction software!
It's simple to use and the only fees associated are your normal paypal fees. Since we do not allow new members to sell on the forums, they will also not be able to list items in the marketplace.

Even thou we have a limited audience here, the nice thing about the software is that it integrates with the software companies other marketplaces. If someone on a different forum using the same software stumbles upon your item, we could gain a new member and your item has a better chance to sell. There aren't many card forums using this (from what I can tell) but there are plenty others that do.

When creating a listing the software creates a thread in the associated categories forum with links to the listing and it will auto update the thread if you delete the item or if it sells.

At the moment any sale in the marketplace will not award bench points. The marketplace has it's own feedback system.

A link to the Marketplace can be found in the upper nav bar of the site.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

How do you browse items for sale? I tried a few key word searches but couldn't find a match.

Will the search be limited to Postings from The Bench or does it display in the global market?

Can you sell items other than sports?

Last edited:
How do you browse items for sale? I tried a few key word searches but couldn't find a match.

Will the search be limited to Postings from The Bench or does it display in the global market?

Can you sell items other than sports?

#1 There was probably nothing listed yet.

#2 In our marketplace you will only see our listing. By clicking on the Panjo logo, it will take you to the global list

#3 Yes, I will be expanding to non card items.

From the looks of it, we need to incorporate shipping into the price we set, or assume that it is on the seller?

From the looks of it, we need to incorporate shipping into the price we set, or assume that it is on the seller?

When listing an item, there is an area to add shipping options. You can set it as free shipping or fill in a price.
You can also check off a box to charge all the extra paypal fees to the buyer. The buyer will not see this, as all it does is tack on the cost to the listing. So if you list something for $2 and want the buyer to cover the fees it will then list for $2.36

I've been trying to figure out what the catch is, since the software is free.

Unless they are just new(er) and looking to build a reputation by spreading the product with an eventual plan to charge for the software. Otherwise, I have no idea how they would make money.

just curious if all payment go thru paypal or can buyers send cash/moneyorders to the sellers??

When listing an item, the last section is the "Paypal" checkout, there is a link you can click that says "I'd rather collect payment on my own". You will need to use that if you don't accept paypal.

Tweaked the Marketplace a bit.

Instead of creating a new thread in the sports forums. I created a new Marketplace forum (found in the same section as Auction Exposure) for the new threads that the marketplace creates.

Also added a few new categories.