Happy to say, that I accepted a Job offer to work for COMC. I start Tuesday!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Update: Sorry all... As you know, things are crazy at COMC. A LOT of cards that still need to be updated, a lot of "Missing" info to be entered in. We all work our tails off to rebuild the catalog, and have been doing so over the course of the past year. We have made A LOT of progress, and still have A LOT of work to do. Best suggestion I can give, is submit correction requests on your cards on the site. We are actively updating everything that comes in. If you see something that is wrong, point it out.... It helps in every way. Trust me! :) We have soooo many cards coming in, daily, and so many sets coming out each week, that it's hard to focus on what we have to fix, but 2015 will be amazing for sellers and buyers alike. Just keep the faith. I do, every day.

Last edited:
and just how long does it take for corrections submitted actually take to be implemented ?

the last time i was specifically looking for a few items for sets i'm working on i found rouglhy 20 items and literally EVERY ONE was misidentified ...some had the correct brand name but only [???] as the insert name....most however were even worse , using the wrong brand name AND had the [???] tag.....

i posed a question on the facebook page and got a reply from someone who told me how to submit the correct info which would help get them properly labeled .....i was told it usually took a few days...furthermore , he said that many NEW cards are incorrectly labeled but that most older items were correct....the items in question were all from 1999 or earlier....

a little over two months later i went back to search again....still no updates on anything i'd submitted....once again i asked how long does it take....canned reply told me it takes a few days and that about 90% of items were now correct with most incorrect items being new items or cards from some special event (i forget what it was called) held earlier in the year....

fast forward to this past week....another 5-6 weeks (so now in the 4 month range) since my previous search....what do i see ? still ZERO updates to anything i'd submitted information for....i resubmitted it this week though honestly i'm not hopeful of any actual updates being made anytime soon.....

since i've been considering adding comc to my buying/selling venues i'd been trying to do a little homework before diving in there.... on another site , i'd exchanged messages with someone from comc (i dont recall his name/user id , but i could look it up i suppose) who was answering questions about the site....he said all the right things (he was the second person who told me corrections usually were applied within 1-3 days of being submitted) , but considering i've submitted mutiple corrections that have not ben updated in over months , i still just can't put my faith in the site or the reassuring words of the staff just yet.....

and just how long does it take for corrections submitted actually take to be implemented ?

the last time i was specifically looking for a few items for sets i'm working on i found rouglhy 20 items and literally EVERY ONE was misidentified ...some had the correct brand name but only [???] as the insert name....most however were even worse , using the wrong brand name AND had the [???] tag.....

i posed a question on the facebook page and got a reply from someone who told me how to submit the correct info which would help get them properly labeled .....i was told it usually took a few days...furthermore , he said that many NEW cards are incorrectly labeled but that most older items were correct....the items in question were all from 1999 or earlier....

a little over two months later i went back to search again....still no updates on anything i'd submitted....once again i asked how long does it take....canned reply told me it takes a few days and that about 90% of items were now correct with most incorrect items being new items or cards from some special event (i forget what it was called) held earlier in the year....

fast forward to this past week....another 5-6 weeks (so now in the 4 month range) since my previous search....what do i see ? still ZERO updates to anything i'd submitted information for....i resubmitted it this week though honestly i'm not hopeful of any actual updates being made anytime soon.....

since i've been considering adding comc to my buying/selling venues i'd been trying to do a little homework before diving in there.... on another site , i'd exchanged messages with someone from comc (i dont recall his name/user id , but i could look it up i suppose) who was answering questions about the site....he said all the right things (he was the second person who told me corrections usually were applied within 1-3 days of being submitted) , but considering i've submitted mutiple corrections that have not ben updated in over months , i still just can't put my faith in the site or the reassuring words of the staff just yet.....

While it may not be 100% perfect, since I have starting using COMC I have really enjoyed it as an alternative option to eBay and forums. I'm sure it will improve with time, and I am very glad I began using it as I've gotten a lot of good cards for good prices.

While it may not be 100% perfect, since I have starting using COMC I have really enjoyed it as an alternative option to eBay and forums. I'm sure it will improve with time, and I am very glad I began using it as I've gotten a lot of good cards for good prices.

as a BUYER , i would imagine there are quite a few "good cards for good prices" BECAUSE of the misidentifcations which are not caught by the card owners when they are pricing them.....sure , they may store the cards and do the labor of scanning and shipping , and you can call me crazy or paranoid , but as a SELLER , i simply can not fully trust someone else to sell my cards for me if they can't even get them identified correctly....other than maintaining accurate records of what they have (and not mixing up cards belonging to different owners) and storing/shipping them safely to avoid damage , i think knowledge of exactly WHAT they are posting is the most critical thing and in that respect , i see them failing miserably so far....would love to see it get better because until it does i just can't trust them to sell there....

Well, just hit year 3, and got promoted to assistant manager of ID earlier this year. It's been an insanely busy couple years, but I'm still here!!! :D

Thanks David! It's been a ride. When I first started we had time to work on the catalog. We don't have time anymore since the implementation of Ebay. :D Submissions are through the roof these days and we have nearly doubled in staff since I started. Crazy times at COMC for sure.

Brian

That is great that you are doing well with the company, especially in an industry you obviously love.

My buying has almost screeched to a halt. Seems that either things are being snapped up before I see them or they sellers just want too much. Good to hear they are doing well as this could (or maybe already has) make Tim a rich man.

Update: I switched companies so I no longer work for the service team that handles your elevator, so you should have someone tell the vendor to get off the stick and do some work!!

My buying has almost screeched to a halt. Seems that either things are being snapped up before I see them or they sellers just want too much. Good to hear they are doing well as this could (or maybe already has) make Tim a rich man.

Update: I switched companies so I no longer work for the service team that handles your elevator, so you should have someone tell the vendor to get off the stick and do some work!!

Honestly, I haven't seen any maintenance guys working on the elevators recently... Hmm. Red flag. :D I hear ya on the buying and selling aspect. There are some ridiculously overpriced cards I wanted and just couldn't do it, and with 25,000+ new cards going up on the site daily, it's next to impossible to keep up. We definitely have buyers that sit there all day, and that's all they do. I just put another sale on my port, and in 10 minutes sold 12 cards, and it was some good stuff too. :D I'll take it!

Brian

I wonder if you can pass along a suggestion. I can't imagine it has not been considered, but I would like to see the ability to sent a short note (if desired) when making or declining an offer. If there is a way to contact members directly, then that works too, but I have not stumbled upon it if it exists.