Review 2014 Pro Debut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2014 Pro Debut​

24 packs - 8 cards per pack
2 autos // 2 Relics each box

I received these:

img974_zpsfbc8a82e.jpg

174 unique base cards

Following the footsteps of the industry standard - Topps Base Set - Pro Debut has the same design as it's big brother. Bright white stiff cards - glossy front - HD action photos -- all very well done.

This is a must get for the Topps collector and the rookie collector. The players making their Pro Debut have that designation on their card with a "Pro Debut" foil logo.

I believe the set is 220 cards and having received 174 - that's 79% of the base set -- not bad! As a set builder and collector, I appreciate not receiving any dupes in the box. One should have more than enough for the set with 2 boxes and have enough to trade for the illusive card(s) that you might be missing for your set.

Inserts

Gold Parallels #ed to just 50

img975_zps67cd2c4c.jpg

Adam Weisenburger
Luis Sardinas

I know some collectors build gold sets ... this one might prove to be a challenge with only 50 copies of each... it would be a sweet set and I would lay odds that there won't be but 1 maybe 2 collated.

Relics

img976_zps37103b12.jpg

Kyle Crick g/u relic
Andrew Toles (my RAYS) - manufactured relic #ed to 99

Autos

img977_zpsaa416439.jpg

James Hoyt
Matt Ramsey

Both are stickers - as they probably should be. I really like the different color for the auto'd cards -- excellent and well done!

Pro Debut should also be a good issue for the minor league collector and the player collector. I really like the minor league logos.

If I have a negative, it would be calling a manufactured patch a relic. I like the manu patches, but, I don't think they should be counted as a relic.

Overall grade A -- very good issue.

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays (minor leaguers) and parallels to me!

Duane

I need the Crick GU and any Giants/Rockies/A's base you pulled. I have a 12 bowman platinum green ref auto /399 of Tyler Bortnick(Rays). LMK

Thanks for the review Duane. Nice pull on that Toles card. Nice looking product, but Topps snubbed my Marlins again with only 2 players in a 220 card set. I guess my teams prospects really do suck. Anyway, please LMK if you pulled either of these.

28 30

MM-GG mascot

Thanks, Brett

I enjoy this set. Need these if you pulled any:
14 Dominic Smith - GCL Mets
20 John Gant - Brooklyn Cyclones
38 Steven Matz - Savannah Sand Gnats
219 Travis Jankowski

Thanks for the review Duane. Nice pull on that Toles card. Nice looking product, but Topps snubbed my Marlins again with only 2 players in a 220 card set. I guess my teams prospects really do suck. Anyway, please LMK if you pulled either of these.

28 30

MM-GG mascot

Thanks, Brett

I struck out - and no mascot cards of any kind.

Duane

Awesome review Duane this is a really cool set I am picking up a box or two in the coming month will send rays your way thank you as always for your wonderful review. I agree the different color card for the autos is awesome. That is a nice auto of James Hoyt. Again awesome review and thank you

I can send 'most' - I will probably keep the minor league Rays...

Send a buck or 3 for postage.

Duane

Sounds good to me Duane, Want to set it up in the TM? How did you want payment cash or paypal(I can do it as a gift).

lmk thanks
Dan

Duane, Happen to pull any of these?

1 Byron Buxton - Fort Myers Miracle
2 Chadd Krist - Daytona Cubs
3 Stephen Perez - Hagerstown Suns
4 Lou Trivino - Vermont Lake Monsters
5 Nestor Molina - Birmingham Barons
6 Trae Arbet - GCL Pirates
33 Luis Heredia - West Virginia Power
40 Josh Bell - West Virginia Power
41 Tyler Glasnow - West Virginia Power