Easy players that you miss on.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t.rooster

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
As I see other collector's successes with ttms, there are some players that seem like regular returns for people, no problems nor misses, just easy plain and simple and yet I can try many times and not get a return, sometimes my card goes missing?
For me those players have been:
Clay Carroll
Joe Ferguson (sometimes)
Don Gullett
Don Money
who are those players for you?

I tried 3 straight years with Mariano Rivera in Spring Training with no luck...still hoping that he finds my cards and takes pity on me.

I was 0 for 2 on Bob Boone. First try was c/o the Nationals, then second try was his home. Must have been bad timing as. I got two RTS. Third try was a charm c/o Nationals.

I had a hit on Greg "the Bull" Luzinski in Florida, but on a 77 topps. I tried him again for the 79, but RTS - he moved. Tried a new FL address with no response, then finally got him at Bull's BBQ.

I got an RTS on Don Kessinger back in 1986. Then again last year - both times he moved. Finally got him at work c/o his real estate office.

It took two tries for Alan Trammell. I got an RTS from Lou Piniella, but he seems kind of hit-and-miss.

Rooster,

I have two of the 1979 Don Money if you need one. He was a minor league manager when I got him. I offered him one, but he signed both.

Dan, I could use the Money card as well as the extra Leonard card you have. What do you want for them? I'm sure any extra sigs I have you do too, but here are the only '79 surplus that I have:
1979 Topps #145 Rick Rhoden (Dodgers)
1979 Topps #146 Duane Kuiper (Indians)
1979 Topps #484 Rick Waits (Indians)

Dan, I could use the Money card as well as the extra Leonard card you have. What do you want for them? I'm sure any extra sigs I have you do too, but here are the only '79 surplus that I have:
1979 Topps #145 Rick Rhoden (Dodgers)
1979 Topps #146 Duane Kuiper (Indians)
1979 Topps #484 Rick Waits (Indians)

I put the Don Money for Rick Rhoden on the Trade Manager. If you want to do something else on the Leonard, PM me as I would trade it for some unsigned 1979s so I don't have to buy them or pull them from my set.

I had a terrible time with Brett Butler, but all of a sudden got 3 SASEs back from him in about 6 weeks, must have gone through old mail!