Review 2014 Allen & Ginter M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2014 Allen & Ginter MLB

24 packs - 8 cards per pack - one boxtopper
"Any 3 of these in every box - Auto, Relic, Printing Plate, Rip Card, and Book Cards"

I received these:

124 unique base cards - no dupes!! 41% of the 300 card base set.
12 unique SP cards - 24% of the 50 card SP set (#301-#350.)

The design of A&G this year is a bit different than years past. I like the name of the team across the top left corner of the card - nice touch! The cards are again stiff manilla (off white) stock. The set is of World's Champions with a pile of history for you history buffs!

I especially like the fact that Prince Fielder is shown with his clothes ON.... I don't think I will ever get that pic of him in ESPN mag naked out of my mind.... what would possess or tell him or even why ESPN would put Prince Fielder naked on anything is beyond my imagination..... (rant over!)

Inserts/Parallels

Regular minis (with SP's) - 10
A&G backs - 6
3 Black borders

No Number

img012_zps1a5798a8.jpg

Desmond Jennings

Pastimes/Pastimes

img010_zps61eac6b8.jpg

12 different Pastimes - Set is 100 - 12% received

Box Topper

NY Trade Center

World Capitals - 2x
Fields of Yore - 2x
Natural Wonder - 6x
Air Supremacy - 1x
Festival and Fairs - 1x

img013_zps7081acd0.jpg

Mini's

Deadly Predators - 2x
Where Nature Ends - 1x
Larger than Life - 1x
Little Lions1 - x

Relics

img014_zpsfc56cbb2.jpg

Sale
Zimmerman

Auto

img015_zpsbea686a3.jpg

Judah Friedlander - Comedian/Entertainer

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Lots of collectors look forward to Allen & Ginter each year. This year is no exception. Most have something specific that they want to collect - whether it be mini's, ad back mini's, mini insert sets, black border, #ed red border minis, autos, relics, rip cards, wooden cards (1/1's - every cool I might ad - not that I have one - just seen them on the 'bay) or the regular set with the SP's. There is something for nearly everyone.

Here in O'town boxes are going for about $90-$100. Pretty good value - especially if you hit a good auto.

And there is the Code ... follow the codemaster on Twitter @thegintercode - be the first to crack the code - win a special codebreaker set of 2014 A&G framed auto'd subjects...

I like the mini's - why? I have no idea - they just look pretty cool.

Overall grade - A

Go buy several boxes and send the mini Rays to me! (My Rays are slowly coming back - currently the hottest team in baseball!)

Duane

Thanks for the fantastic review ! I usually try for the Mini Black Border cards . I heard there is a Mini,Mini inside of the Ripped cards also ? They are about 1 inch x 3/4 inch ?
[email protected]

Yes, inside the Rip cards one can find - wood cards (1/1), autos, SSP's - #ed 351-400 (at least I believe those are the #'s), red back mini's (which may also come in packs - not real sure about that) -- I don't know of a 'mini' mini - could be - I don't know why someone might want a 'card' that small - but -- who am I to tell somebody what to collect - or make/print for that matter.

Black borders - we can work something out for them. I also have several from another box I ripped.

Duane

I have a 2013 A/G #39 Desmond Jennings mini regular back - any interest? Looking to pick up Deadliest Predators minis. Thanks.

I have 2 - Piranha, and Cape Buffalo

Duane

I would be happy with either one - but would be happy to add some additional cards to acquire both, if possible. On the desk right now are a 2014 Topps Series II Power Player Chris Archer and a Series I Future is Now Wil Myers. Thanks.

I would be happy with either one - but would be happy to add some additional cards to acquire both, if possible. On the desk right now are a 2014 Topps Series II Power Player Chris Archer and a Series I Future is Now Wil Myers. Thanks.

OK - the 2013 Jennings and the 2014 Archer for the 2 Preds...

Post it if that is good for you.

Duane

Thanks for the review Duane. A&G usually isnt my thing, but I like this years set. And i have to admit they look great signed. I think I'm going to go after the outlaws inserts. Please LMK if you pulled any of these.

13 23 52 82 83 112 173 244 254 276

Thanks, Brett

Thanks for the review Duane. A&G usually isnt my thing, but I like this years set. And i have to admit they look great signed. I think I'm going to go after the outlaws inserts. Please LMK if you pulled any of these.

13 23 52 82 83 112 173 244 254 276

Thanks, Brett

Brett,

I only have 3 -- 23, 82, 173

When did Snoop Lion start playing for the Marlins?

Duane