2006 UD Epic = FAIL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaplain11

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
So I made a trade involving a few of my 06 Epic cards I had stored in 5000ct storage holders. Upon retrieving the cards I notced about 40% of them had corroded for lack of a better term. There were huge whiteish/gray splotches all over the cards on the front in the coating. I take very good care of my cards so I was deeply upset about this. I am curious if anyone else has had this issue with this set or any of the other "coated" sets?

Dewayne

Aside from the older gloss//chrome sets sticking together, no. Open some 2014 prizm baseball, they are literally coated in powder. I had to actually clean them all

Personally no....but I recall a thread where another set or brand had the same problems. Best regards, David PS Clay that powder was to prevent the cards from sticking together.

Aside from the obvious UV coated cards of the 90s that stick together when packed tightly, I have seen prism cards do that and some foil cards. Then there are those ****** UD sweet spot cards on the plastic balls and gloves that bleed and fade like crazy! I've also seen those cards with the small team or logo patches that are glued down to the card loosen and slide to the bottom when stored vertical. No quality control!!

It just blows my mind. Luckily none of my Gehrig Gu cards from that set have had that happen (yet). It is funny because all of them cards were together but just select cards were affected.

Yeah, those Sweet Spot cards are horrible. I have two cards that used to be autographed by Carney Lansford and Gaylord Perry