Review 2014 Topps Chrome -- M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2014 Topps Chrome -- M L B

24 packs -- 4 cards per pack
2 Autos per box!

I received these:

76 unique base cards - no duplicates!!

img072_zpsd108c257.jpg

In keeping with the base set - Chrome maintains the same design as the base set of Topps. The chrome cards are highly reflective - thus the 'chrome' name (that took some real insight on my part!) The reverse of the cards also have the same design as the base set.

Inserts

Refractors / Sepia Refractor

img073_zps393475bc.jpg

8 regular refractors
1 Sepia #ed to 75 - T. Rosenthall

The refractors are marked as refractors as they are in other issues. The word 'refractor' is on the reverse just above the logo 'Topps' on the lower left hand side of the card.

Apologies to all -- I missed it!

Xfractors, 89 Retro, Topps Shelf

Xfractors - Cargo, C. Martinez, Gattis, Panda
Topps Shelf - Cargo
89 Retro - Cano and Tanaka

Die Cut

img075_zpsf0a05dec.jpg

Goldschmidt and Pedroia

Autos

img076_zps4a9adcae.jpg

Michael Choice
Erik Johnson

Both on card - blue Sharpee - well done Topps! (Both guys went to the same writing class as Wil Myers!! - Is there anyone in baseball today - or pro sports of anykind for that matter - that takes pride in their signature???)

Topps Chrome MLB is a good issue for the set builder and the player collector. There are numerous parallels - gold, black, sepia, red, refractor, xfractor, and several of these are also available as autos. (I have picked up one Sepia auto on the 'bay - looks pretty cool!)

One should be able to complete a base set with 3 or 4 boxes and have inserts (maybe even Abreu autos) to sell or trade.

I like the die cuts - but I always like the die cuts! These could be 'edge sensitive' because there are a lot of 'edges' to damage.

Autos - I need some help here - I have noticed on the 'bay that some autos are listed as A, B, C, D, E - does anyone know what the difference is? I picked up several of the same player - albeit inexpensively - and I cannot tell the difference. Any help is appreciated.

Overall grade A- xfractors need to be numbered....

Go buy several boxes and send the parallel Rays to me (we are having a rough year!)

Duane

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. Not a very exciting card design. I do like the logo on the front and the easy to read # on the back. Checking to see if there are any Pirates available. Plmk thanks Butch