2014-15 (Mostly) Hockey in DFW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Great stuff! I know what you mean about the green sharpie. Mario Lemieux did that to me twice...and I absolutely didn't care. I was thrilled! A sig is a sig.

Great stuff! I know what you mean about the green sharpie. Mario Lemieux did that to me twice...and I absolutely didn't care. I was thrilled! A sig is a sig.

Lemieux TTM in the 2000s was notorious for odd colors-- green, teal, purple, red. I've heard the reason he did it was so he and his people could monitor approximately what percentage of his mail sigs were getting sold.

I figured that's why he greened me. I thought it was funny, because there was no way I would sell 'em. However, I do figure there are quite a few folks who probably flipped their sigs.

Haven't written a blog entry on it yet, but I did the Rangers' Toy Drive on Tuesday...

Shin-Soo Choo 1/1 SSROMLB
Michael Choice 2/2 cards
Tanner Scheppers 1 team issued photo
Shawn Tolleson 1 team issued photo
Rusty Greer 3/3 cards and a team issued photo
Tom Grieve 1/1 11x14 photo already signed by Jeff Burroughs
Matt Hicks 1 team issued photo
Jim Sundberg 3/3 cards
Elvis Andrus 1/1 card
Jeff Banister 1 team issued photo
Robinson Chirinos 1 team issued photo
Ross Detwiler 3/3 cards
Matt Harrison 1 team issued photo
Jurickson Profar 3/3 cards
Jose Guzman 3/3 cards and a team issued photo
Mark McLemore 3/3 cards
Derek Holland 1/3 cards
Jake Thompson 1 team issued photo
Steve Buechele 3/3 cards
Steve Busby 1/3 cards
Larry Hardy 1 team issued photo
Dave Hostetler 1 team issued photo
Eleno Ornelas 1 team issued photo

Also bought a "mystery ball" (signed and MLB authenticated baseballs in a bag, $10), got Phil Irwin. Traded with someone for Scott Baker. I was hoping for one of the big names as I heard of several people pulling Darvish, Fielder, Beltre, and Pudge.

Awesome haul! Congrats!

Those mystery grab bags are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

So much for it being mostly hockey. I've gotten out to a whole one hockey event since Training Camp.

But here's some baseball (what I mentioned before with the Toy Drive, now with pictures), some football, some indoor soccer.

http://dfwautographs.blogspot.com/2015/01/slacking-at-end-of-2014.html

Seriously, if you want to find the best signers, indoor soccer. They're so under-recognized in the collecting community that if it's a sport you're into, they'll be great to you.