Props To Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Had a rather substantial issue with the two jumbo boxes of Topps 2014 U/H that I opened. There was a print issue that affected over 125 of the base cards (all inserts were fine).

Called Topps to talk to them and of course, I had already shredded the receipt and thrown out the packs/boxes, so I didn't have their required proof. I sent a handful of the unusable cards in to a service representative and he told me they would take a look and see what they could do.

This morning - the doorbell rang and a box from Topps showed up - I am assuming it was a retail box - 24 packs/12 cards to a pack. There was no arguing, no fighting, just Topps stepping up and doing the right thing.

Always see them getting bashed on different threads for one thing or another - so I wanted to let everyone know, there are some good experiences out there!

I have the same issue with one of my jumbo boxes - about 50 to 60 cards cut way off center. Guess I'll give them a call as well, seems like it can't hurt.

Dan

great to hear Topps does do things right once in awhile

Very true. I have never had issues with them, but I know others have.

I have the same issue with one of my jumbo boxes - about 50 to 60 cards cut way off center. Guess I'll give them a call as well, seems like it can't hurt.

Dan

If you want the name of the guy I talked to, let me know.

Nice to hear from the only game in town.....

Only licensed game in town....

Thanks for sharing.

Good news is always easier to share than bad news.

After my issues with my 2015 Topps Series I - Happy (sort of) to report that Topps once again came through. They replaced every card that I submitted to them as damaged - which totalled close to 250/300 if I remember correctly and I now have two complete sets of Series I, which was my goal.

My two big complaints:
1 - no letter or note acknowledging the quality issue on their end.
2 - not a single bonus card of any sort to say "hey, sorry we screwed up and wasted your time and money - here is a little something to make it right from our end"

Those are the types of things that are the difference between a company, a good company and a GREAT company.