Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to jimmyhazard's ebay items

problems viewing buckets

Hello, I have problems viewing buckets. Number one is that I can't actually view buckets from where I'm sitting most of the day,and when I get home I usually get so busy around the property that I completely forget. Number two is that when I do get a chance to check buckets,it takes sooo long for a page to download.(I do have a very new laptop with all the bells and whistles and it doesn't go any faster than my old one).Number three is all the ads and virus potential...So,most of the time,I just get too damned aggravated to fool with it. I actually have a bucket of my own,but I rarely fool with it because of the frustration. I would appreciate any thoughts on this and suggestions on how I could speed up the process.
    One more thing I'd like to add is that I appreciate the time and effort that each and every one of you guys put into some nice bucket presentations,so I am not dissing you.But when someone posts "check my bucket" for a possible trade,75 to 80% of the time,I can't,thus missing possible trades. I have a webpage that lists most of my inserts,g/u,autos,and sp's that goes hand in hand with my bucket.So if some one sees something they like,I can usually pull up a link much faster than them checking my bucket.
    Like I said,any thoughts on this,any suggestions,or critiques are welcome.Thanks for taking the time to hear me out.Have a great day

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Jerry Rice

Go to cjay101's ebay items
    Go to cjay101's comc items

I use google picasa, as it allows for a caption below the picture without clicking it, and syncs to my folders on my computer.

I hate pulling up photobuckets and not having any names to easily search. I don't want to sort through 800 autos of aubrey huff.
    Senior Advisor in Title Only

I collect anything and everything Jerry Rice! Always looking for any I don't have!

My Wantlist

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

yes,I've seen a couple picasa's including yours.Much nicer than photobucket and less risk of a virus,and those never ending always downloading advertisements that jam up computers. Unfortunately,picasa is blocked from where I'm sitting also.But it's nice to navigate when I'm home....I was just wondering if I'm doing something wrong because I just cannot go thru someone's bucket without it being such a hair pulling experience for me...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

If there is no caption, the image is too small to glean any info of the card, don't like buckets....

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhazard View Post
    yes,I've seen a couple picasa's including yours.Much nicer than photobucket and less risk of a virus,and those never ending always downloading advertisements that jam up computers. Unfortunately,picasa is blocked from where I'm sitting also.But it's nice to navigate when I'm home....I was just wondering if I'm doing something wrong because I just cannot go thru someone's bucket without it being such a hair pulling experience for me...
    What virus protection program are you using? If you are using a free program you get what you pay for.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by t.rooster View Post
    If there is no caption, the image is too small to glean any info of the card, don't like buckets....
    What browser are you using? When I used internet explorer had that problem. Use firefox now with no problems.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to lookin4deals36's ebay items

$30 for virus protection or AVAST for free virus protection which is what I use. I browse using Google Chrome without too many problems.
    PC: Longoria, Tulowitzki, Kemp, Pujols, Griffey Jr, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Giancarlo (Mike) Stanton, Votto, Derek Jeter
    I trade by BV:

http://southernsportscards.webs.com/home
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/southe...tscards/albums

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I have avast...it's not always just a virus problem...it's the ads that take forever and freeze up the computer...Google Chrome and Firefox are good ideas.Thanks

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I am wondering if photobucket's set up is a problem in itself
    Last edited by jimmyhazard; 06-04-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I am wondering if photobucket's set up is a problem in itself
    Do you have high speed internet ? Everyone I know that was having problems was using internet explorer. From what I understand windows 10 will have dumped it for something new. If it will be any better I don't know.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to lookin4deals36's ebay items

I have avast...it's not always just a virus problem...it's the ads that take forever and freeze up the computer...Google Chrome and Firefox are good ideas.Thanks
    No not always a virus & usually not a virus but the popups would cause the problems you describe. Try Adblock Plus as it helps eliminates annoying popups. Here is a link to their site. https://adblockplus.org/
    PC: Longoria, Tulowitzki, Kemp, Pujols, Griffey Jr, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Giancarlo (Mike) Stanton, Votto, Derek Jeter
    I trade by BV:

http://southernsportscards.webs.com/home
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/southe...tscards/albums

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by budd2222 View Post
    Do you have high speed internet ? Everyone I know that was having problems was using internet explorer. From what I understand windows 10 will have dumped it for something new. If it will be any better I don't know.
    yes...it's hi speed,and no,I don't have a problem on other sites except for the "long running scripts" that occasionally arise...

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by pmanningsfan73 View Post
    No not always a virus & usually not a virus but the popups would cause the problems you describe. Try Adblock Plus as it helps eliminates annoying popups. Here is a link to their site. https://adblockplus.org/
    thank you,I will give that a try