Thread: Do you prefer Buy it now or auctions?

Do you prefer Buy it now or auctions?

Do you prefer Buy it now or auctions on EBAY? I like buy it now because sometimes i see an item i like on EBAY but dont want to wait 7 days until the auction is over. it is nice to just buy what i want right away with buy it now instead of waiting for an auction to end. which do you prefer? thanks
    John 3:16 -"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"

i hear ya. i too can go either way. a lot of the time though the BIN auctions are set at a higher price i like to do my due diligence and check prices sometimes the prices are way out there sometimes they are pretty good. really depends on ho2w bad i want or need the item too.
    dave
    I am currently working on two sets, one is 2013 GQ Autographs and the second set is 2012 Leaf Living Legends Pete Rose Autographs. and would like to trade to get more of these cards even if i have dupes at this time. I also will also trade any autographs and GUs that i have for an equal trade.

BO is my favorite way to go unless the BIN is just right. Of course I do like the thrill of "winning" the auctions too
    Photobucket:
    Website

Trade intersts: Lou Gehrig, HOF Jerseys and autos, and want list items.

I Thessalonians 4:11-12 - Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, mind your own business, and work with your hands, just as we have told you, so that you will win the respect of outsiders and not be dependant on anyone.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010

I like auctions, I like the challenge of being in a soup pot with others & seeing what culminates...

I like whichever one lands me the item at the best price!

Thanks
    Craig

Not related to your original question, but some feedback. I know you have sought feedback about selling on ebay, so here is my comment.

I preface this with the statement that I don't expect anything but the item I purchased. By that I mean I don't expect a new top loader, sleeve, team bag or any of the "extras" some people provide. I am happy with recycled supplies as long as they are properly protecting the card or item.

That said, I would suggest you mark your items on the sleeve rather than the top loader. In the last batch of items I won from you, it was a shame to see the new top loaders essentially ruined with the inventory stickers. Like I said, I don't expect new and it didn't affect my buying habits or what I personally thought of you as a seller, but if you are going to use new top loaders, I would suggest not putting stickers on them and just put the stickers on the soft sleeves. A new top loader may be that little extra that brings buyers back for more. Maybe the stickers come off with a little elbow grease, but at first attempt it didn't look promising so I tossed them into my recycled supplies bin. It is not worth the time to try to salvage.
    WANTS
    (1) Steve Garvey items (2)Topps All-Rookie Team Autos

BLOG
    http://1978theyearitallbegan.blogspot.com/

I prefer auctions 100% of the time.

as a buyer , i highly prefer auctions since they USUALLY end far lower than the majority of BIN listings of similar items (though there are definitely some BIN bargains to be found if one is patient),,,as a seller , i am even more strongly in favor of listing items in the BIN/BO format....hot , new items notwithstanding , it often takes a bit longer for an item to sell , but almost invariably it brings in ore than an auction....
    Claude's Card Corner
    Want ANY USC Gamecocks such as Renaldo Balkman , Tiffany Mitchell , Alaina Coates , Dunta Robinson , Jonathan Joseph , Fred Bennett , Connor Shaw , Duce Staley , Sidney Rice , Jadeveon Clowney , Alshon Jeffery , Melvin Ingram , Marcus Lattimore , Landon Powell , Whit Merrifield , Jordan Montgomery , Justin Smoak & Steve Pearce (full list on my site)

I like both ways......if its a good bin...I'll click on it or contact the seller to see if he'll take a lower offer....If it auction, I'll place a max bid and if I lose....I lose. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.

Both for me as well - I pay more attention to shipping price than I worry about BIN or auction.
    Always accepting 20% Off on my COMC Account with Auto Accept - COMC

I'm with you ^^^...this 3 buck shipping for a single card is just ridiculous.I usually will not go for those.Also,you hafta watch for sellers that don't offer combined shipping...I also,like the the BIN/BO option more because I can't sit up for some of the later ending auctions,nor want to wait 5-7 days to see it unfold.(and I also get a little bit crazy during the last minute one click bids...BWAAAHAHAHA )