Which 2016 Football Set to Collect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

negreyjr

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Training camp just kicked off, which means (for me) it's time to start thinking about collecting 2016 football.

I just found out that Panini is the exclusive license holder for the NFL -- this is a kick-in-the-pants for me, as I've been an exclusive Topps set builder for as long as I can remember.

So, what's the "base" Panini set that everyone is working on? I ran through a quick list of some of their offerings -- it seems like either the Classics line or the Score line is the "base" set.

What set(s) do you plan on collecting? I want to make sure the one I start has enough traffic to make collecting/trading fun.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Without Topps doing a licensed set this year, probably won't be doing football. I may change my mind, but for now, will probably do a year of basketball.

Jeremy,

Bought a box of Classic Nice mix of legends rookies and stars as well as parallels . Not collecting set so if you decide on Classics inbox me your needs ..

I am collecting Big Ben in trade..

Thanks

Matt

Thanks guys -- I spoke with a few other set builders, and it seems like Score might be the way to go...we'll see, I'm going to hold off on buying anything just yet.

Keep 'em coming -- I want to know what set builders are putting together for 2016 football.

Thanks,
Jeremy

I bought several boxes of Classics. The rookies and legends are harder to get but not numbered as in the past. The rookies are harder to get than the legends. The inserts are underwhelming and the autos are stickers, but I'm a sucker for Classics.