Question for those who sell BULK LOTS on eBay...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bonzomoretti

HOF
5.00 star(s)
I have a ton of baseball cards from 2010-2016 that I need to liquidate. The lots contain many RC's, stars, SP's and serial numbered cards (semi unsearched). Was going to try to sell on eBay and was wondering if the best way to sell these would be by brand/year large lots or breaking these down into team lots and selling. For those of you that have done this, what would you recommend. Would love to hear any comments. Thanks for any help. Mike

I have not personally sold any lots like this on ebay, but as a buyer, I would be most drawn to a team lot. They have to be worth the cost to cover postage + the value of the cards and a lot of the larger lots charge too much for postage to make paying more than a few bucks for the lot worth while. Sellers want to get something for their lots, but when shipping is $10-20, how much more does someone pay for a lot that might normally only sell for $20 total? It is a tough balance for sure.

Mike - cherry pick the rare or valuable stuff, send it to COMC. Flip it for whatever you can get and pick up Mets that you need there (no cashout fee in that scenario).

The rest of the stuff, I donate my excess to cardboard4kids.

I have not personally sold any lots like this on ebay, but as a buyer, I would be most drawn to a team lot. They have to be worth the cost to cover postage + the value of the cards and a lot of the larger lots charge too much for postage to make paying more than a few bucks for the lot worth while. Sellers want to get something for their lots, but when shipping is $10-20, how much more does someone pay for a lot that might normally only sell for $20 total? It is a tough balance for sure.

Mike - cherry pick the rare or valuable stuff, send it to COMC. Flip it for whatever you can get and pick up Mets that you need there (no cashout fee in that scenario).

The rest of the stuff, I donate my excess to cardboard4kids.

Thanks for the thoughts Guys! Cory, I have SO MANY to get rid of that I need to get something back for the money I put into it. I actually thought that leaving a lot of the good cards in the lot might make it worth the cost of postage and draw more attention to the auction. I figured if I left the Trout RC in the Bowman lot, along with other big RC's (which would be 5,000 cards or more) I would sell it easily. Don't think so? I have tapped COMC of the Mets cards I need and am not interested in paying someone to "STORE" my cards. I have around 10 monster boxes of cards and they wouldn't be worth the postage to send to COMC. What do you think? Mike

Maximizing value per card, cherry picking and sending to comc is still the best deal even with cashout fee.