Do you prefer your cards signed in sharpie or pen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharpie as long as it is relatively new and the point is not worn down....at fat head on a sharpie can kill your auto. Pen is not easily seen and can give inconsistencies as ink is drawn out on the surface of cards.

I agree with Brian, sharpie is almost always the way to go. I do some customs with baseball leather, and I always ask the player to sign in sharpie, it just makes it pop better, and I dont use the best quality baseballs to cut up and make cards out of! Sharpie looks better, doesnt fade as much, and holds up fine on my cards!

God Bless,

Kevin

thanks guys for your help. in your opinion, what year would you say would be the latest year for vintage cards, is it 1979? 1980? 1981? etc? thanks

thanks guys for your help. in your opinion, what year would you say would be the latest year for vintage cards, is it 1979? 1980? 1981? etc? thanks
For me, I believe the last year to considered vintage would be 1980, the final year of Topps's first exclusive contract.