Thread: Do you prefer your cards signed in sharpie or pen?

Do you prefer your cards signed in sharpie or pen?

Hello,
    Do you prefer your cards signed in sharpie or pen? any pros or cons for sharpie vs pen?

thanks
    John 3:16 -"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"

Sharpie as long as it is relatively new and the point is not worn down....at fat head on a sharpie can kill your auto. Pen is not easily seen and can give inconsistencies as ink is drawn out on the surface of cards.
    My trade page

My Bucket (Note: Not everything here is for trade, just ask)

I agree with Brian, sharpie is almost always the way to go. I do some customs with baseball leather, and I always ask the player to sign in sharpie, it just makes it pop better, and I dont use the best quality baseballs to cut up and make cards out of! Sharpie looks better, doesnt fade as much, and holds up fine on my cards!

God Bless,

Kevin
    "For nothing will be impossible for God" ~ Luke 1:37

Sharpie for cards and pen for the auto on baseballs. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.

I prefer vintage singed in pen and modern cards in sharpie.
    My TTM/Auto Set Wantlist

See my SICK Roy Oswalt patch card HERE

Quote Originally Posted by worldwideed View Post
    Now that is a good point to make, Ed, vintage does look better in pen, it pops off the old cardboard better than the sharpie, which tends to be absorbed more.

Good call!

That and it looks more authentic to the period, I just don't envision scores of people running around Dodgertown with sharpies in 1964.
    My TTM/Auto Set Wantlist

See my SICK Roy Oswalt patch card HERE

I think that hits the nail on the head. Pen on vintage is the way to go.
    Main collecting interests: Topps sets, Johan Santana (Twins only), and MN sports teams.

Trade page: https://mack5818.wixsite.com/pacrat76

thanks guys for your help. in your opinion, what year would you say would be the latest year for vintage cards, is it 1979? 1980? 1981? etc? thanks
    John 3:16 -"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian BamBam View Post
    thanks guys for your help. in your opinion, what year would you say would be the latest year for vintage cards, is it 1979? 1980? 1981? etc? thanks
    For me, I believe the last year to considered vintage would be 1980, the final year of Topps's first exclusive contract.

That and it looks more authentic to the period, I just don't envision scores of people running around Dodgertown with sharpies in 1964.
    Yes, very much so! I dont know how widely used they even were in the 60s either!