Benson January '17 Successes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benson

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Wow, just checked, haven't been on in over 7 months. Broke my ankle playing baseball last summer, had some screws put in. Spent my time coaching the high school baseball team in summer and fall ball and helping coach my daughter's field hockey team. Didn't send out as many requests as I would have liked, but started back up in earnest in November.

Here's what came back over the past month.
Jeff Bostic - 7 days
bostic_zpssmkmftd6.jpg

Bill Parcells - 9 days HOFer
Parcells_zpsuitqfopy.jpg

Steve Bono - 24 days
Bono_zpsw9vbqdx3.jpg

Art Still - 31 days
ArtStill_zpspjdvm3ut.jpg

Merritt Kersey - 9 days
MerrittKersey_zpshyojqfdf.jpg

Tim Wrightman - 35 days
TimWrightman_zps7ntcwyof.jpg
He added the card on the right

Ann Meyers - 12 days HOFer
AnnMeyers_zpsmu70nmcb.jpg

Blake Dunlop - 9 days
Dunlop_zpsimw4djse.jpg

John Verhoeven - 9 days
Verhoeven_zps95czx5c9.jpg

Tom McCraw - 24 days
McCraw_zpsnijzrgw8.jpg

Curt Simmons - 6 days
CurtSimmons_zpso31jcthi.jpg
A&G Sportman's Park also signed by Tito Francona, Jerry Buchek, Ray Washburn & Dal Maxvill.
Members of the last Cardinals team, 1965, to play in Sportman's Park (then renamed Busch Stadium).

Completed these multi cards since I last logged in
PaulJata_zpsaz69erai.jpg
Hosley passed away in 2014, so no chance to add him.

Reichardt_0001_zpswsfhgxhf.jpg
B&W 4x6, Rick Reichardt and Tom Egan

Hrabosky_zps3gwvslf6.jpg
A&G Keys to the City, signed by one member of each of St. Louis' pro teams in 1976
Ron Boone - Spirits of St. Louis (ABA)
Ed Johnston - St. Louis Blues
Jim Bakken - St. Louis Cardinals (football)
Al Hrabosky - St. Louis Cardinals (baseball)

RickBarry_zpsqwsisgpq.jpg
Card on the right say "Best Swishes" :cool:

WOW Tim, that is quite the haul! Awesome successes, I had no idea Tim Wrightman signed ttm, he was on my all time favorite football team, the Super Bowl Bears!

Love the STL multi-signed cards, very cool projects, and neat to see your great progress!

Thanks for posting some fun successes, God Bless!

Kevin

Good stuff, and welcome back.

Curious where you got the Simmons? He used to be part owner of a golf course I used to play all the time outside of Philly - Limekiln Golf Club. Used to see him at least a couple times a month around the course, but I wasn't into autographs at that point.

Got one of the other partners to sign on one of the scorecards, years after the fact - Robin Roberts.

Congrats on the great returns. I especially like the 80-81 Topps Basketball as I am actively working on that set. It is unique in and of itself, but you've taken it up a level!
Nice work.
Boots

Last edited:

Curious where you got the Simmons? He used to be part owner of a golf course I used to play all the time outside of Philly - Limekiln Golf Club. Used to see him at least a couple times a month around the course, but I wasn't into autographs at that point.

Got one of the other partners to sign on one of the scorecards, years after the fact - Robin Roberts.

Cool, what a fun story....didnt realize they were co-owners of a course, but lots of athletes generally take up golf to stay competitive after retirement. I am a terrible golfer myself, but I have always said that the state of Illinois pays me to be angry during the week, so I am not going to go pay to make myself angry on the weekends!

God Bless,

Kevin

Simmons address:
200 Park Rd, Ambler, PA 19002

HOFer Raymond Berry - 12 days
RaymondBerry_zpsouk3nouj.jpg

Also, sent me a SASE with this note on the bottom of my letter.
RaymondBerryLetter_zpscnuqadfe.jpg
So, I'll be sending my letter back to him

Cool, what a fun story....didnt realize they were co-owners of a course, but lots of athletes generally take up golf to stay competitive after retirement. I am a terrible golfer myself, but I have always said that the state of Illinois pays me to be angry during the week, so I am not going to go pay to make myself angry on the weekends!

God Bless,

Kevin

That's why I just like getting a bucket or two of balls at the driving range. Whack away and not have to worry about losing mine in the water or woods.

I got the same thing! As a huge researcher of my own ancestry, I could go on for a while about my last name's history so I'm going to try to limit myself to a typed page.

HOFer Raymond Berry - 12 days
RaymondBerry_zpsouk3nouj.jpg

RaymondBerryLetter_zpscnuqadfe.jpg

WOW that is a neat feature that Berry has started, I wrote to him maybe 10 years ago, but didnt get that reply, neat for a continuing correspondence!

God Bless,

Kevin