Review 2016 Bowman's Best

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2016 Bowman's Best

One master box - 2 mini boxes - 6 packs per mini box - 5 cards per pack
4 Chrome autos per master box

I received the following:

Base cards - 23 of 65 -- 35% of the vet base of 65

Base
Scan1_zpsoal74e0e.jpg

Top Prospect base - 14 of 35 -- 40% of the base set of 35

Top Prospect Base
Scan2_zpsxaluqshh.jpg

As a Bowman collector, Bowman's Best is an issue that I look forward to each year. Bowman's Best is a higher end issue. The cards are printed on stiff white stock and the design is a bit busy on the front. With a large logo, at least 2 different designs - top portion and bottom portion, along with the picture of the player -- just a bit busy. The cards have a mirror finish - i.e. chrome and should hold up very well to handling.

I would like to see a few more base cards in the master box - maybe one more pack - just to get a bit closer to a set. With the expense of boxes, it becomes harder and harder to collate sets by buying several boxes. One has to look to trade or buy in one of many places to complete a set.

Parallels

Refractor/Blue Refractor/Cracked Ice

Scan3_zpsfr1btcpk.jpg

Refractors - 7x
Blue Refractor - #ed to 250 Ryan Braun
Cracked Ice - Nomar Mazara

The refractors are clearly marked with the word refractor on the reverse of the card -- THANK YOU!

I haven't said this in a while, but it would be cool if Topps had a contest to see who could complete one of the colored refractor sets and win some type of prize --- could spark interest in set building.

Cracked Ice/Retro

Scan5_zps7fsecgye.jpg

Cracked Ice Retro - Andrew Benintendi (my favorite insert -- very cool looking - no pun intended!)
Retro - Jose Berrios, Mark McGuire

Stat Line / Mirror Image

Scan6_zps6ymlwpth.jpg

Stat Line - Bumbarner, Arcia, Arenado, Altuve (lots of A's?)
Mirror Image - Syndergaard/Manning, Scherzer/Giolito, Verlander/Pint

Autos

Scan7_zpsupc7zcgz.jpg

Vladimir Guerrero
Riley Pint
Ian Anderson

Green Auto
Scan8_zps3n6a5rem.jpg

Ozzie Albies #ed to 99

All of the autos I received are on card autos - blue Sharpee - as they should be in a higher end set. Well done Topps!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Overall grade A- just a few more base cards please....

Go buy several master boxes and send the Rays parallels (if there are any???) to me!

Duane

Duane -
Nice hits on Braves autos. Can I list some Rays for you to look at for first the Anderson then the Ozzie?

Thanks!

Nice box. If trading I could use the Bumgarner stat line, Kye Lewis prospect card, and Verlander/pint mirror image. I have 2 daniel robertson #'d rays refractors to trade.

Thanks for the review Duane. I love the large logo on the card, but the rest of the design is way to bust for my liking. I will probably only go after a few in this set. LMK if you pulled

tp-26 braxton garrett

Thanks, Brett