Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to mickels2006's ebay items

Possibly buying Complete Sets, need help on fair offer price....

I have the opportunity to purchase the following complete sets from a co-worker, but unsure of a fair offer price. All look to be in NRMT-MNT condition. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Billy

Factory Sets
    83 Topps Traded BV $40
    84 Topps Traded BV $30
    85 Topps Traded BV $8
    86 Topps Traded BV $30
    87 Topps Traded BV $12
    88 Topps Traded BV $8
    89 Topps Traded BV $10
    89 Upper Deck BV $60 (x2)
    90 Topps Traded BV $3
    90 Upper Deck High #'s BV $5 (x2)
    91 Upper Deck BV $20

Hand Built
    83 Topps BV $80
    84 Topps BV $50
    85 Topps BV $50
    85 Donruss BV $50
    86 Topps BV $25 (x2)
    87 Topps BV $25
    87 Donruss BV $40 (x2)
    88 Fleer BV $15

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

No one has an idea of a fair price?

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to cmcjr99's ebay items

2 questions -

are the factory sets sealed ?

would you be the end user or would you be picking them up with the intent to move them ?
    Claude's Card Corner
    Want ANY USC Gamecocks such as Renaldo Balkman , Dunta Robinson , Jonathan Joseph , Ko Simpson , Marcus Robinson , John Abraham , Fred Bennett , Syvelle Newton , Connor Shaw , Duce Staley , Jared Cook , Sidney Rice , Jadeveon Clowney , Troy Williamson , Alshon Jeffery , Melvin Ingram , Stephon Gilmore , Marcus Lattimore , Landon Powell , & Steve Pearce (full list on my site)

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

If you are keeping them for your collection then I would say 200.00 would be a fair price. Obviously most of the collectors already have those sets so it would tough to trade them. And shipping would be brutal. If you are selling them then I would go with 100.00. He may be offended by that offer because a lot of people thought they were going to put their kids through college with this stuff when it first came out and think they are sitting on a gold mine.

Hope this helps,

Bryon
    1975 Topps Minis: 342/660 51% complete
    1972 Topps: 750/787 95% complete
    1971 Topps: 656/752 87% complete
    1960 Topps: 491/572 85% complete

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mm1sub View Post
    If you are keeping them for your collection then I would say 200.00 would be a fair price. Obviously most of the collectors already have those sets so it would tough to trade them. And shipping would be brutal. If you are selling them then I would go with 100.00. He may be offended by that offer because a lot of people thought they were going to put their kids through college with this stuff when it first came out and think they are sitting on a gold mine.

Hope this helps,

Bryon
    I echo Bryon's thoughts. One price if you are keeping, a different price if you are thinking of selling. And I think the $200/$100 split is fairly reasonable, maybe go to $250/$125, but no higher - they aren't the most desirable years to own/chase down.

If you decide to buy to resell, let me know, I would be interested in the 1983 Topps set.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Billy -
    Different methodology, but agree that $200 is a good price. Even if you are going to resell them, you should be good, it is just as Bryon said, most of those are tough sells and it will take some time to turn your profit. Having sold some sets at shows, the factory sealed ones sell much quicker than the hand collated ones.

Hope that helps.

Robert
    Robert

Wants: Cards I need of Chipper, Smoltz, Hank Aaron, Dale Murphy and Freddie Freeman or some Votto\Bench\Adam Duvall paralells or non-Topps Base set inserts for local trades. Rare A&G Insert Minis from my want list.
    Homepage has vintage and modern set wants as wells as a detailed trade list.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mm1sub View Post

Hope this helps,

Bryon
    You could not be righter Bryon, when my Dad was alive, he worked for a non-profit agency in Chicago, and his boss had some full sets that he let me look at. His boss told him that the UD set with the Griffey rookie was worth $5,000 (I had to break the realistic news to him that his boss was dreaming!!)

Love the statement about the thought of putting their kids through college, I remember pulling a few cards in the 80s that I thought would be my retirement fund too!
    "For nothing will be impossible for God" ~ Luke 1:37

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Thank you all for the input and advice. Mainly looking to buy and add to my collection, but would be willing to trade/sell the sets I already own. Most of the sets are factory (sets divided above), but I agree they are the tougher years to sell/trade.

Thanks again,
    Billy