Michele really beat the odds this time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwynn_fan

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Hi Guys
Stopped in at the local LCS...All Star Cards in Santee, CA, to see what was in the $1 pack box...I found 16 packs of 2000 Bowman Hobby and needing to feed the busting beast, I got them all. Went up to Michelle and she wanted to know if I needed anything else.
Decided to blow an Andrew Jackson and had her get me just two packs of 2017 Donruss. Michelle has been phenomenal at picking me autos in the past...see other posts...and so I opened one of the packs of Donruss.
First card was a Paul Goldschmidt 1983 R1, then a Clayton Kershaw, Jake Arrieta, then a Mookie Betts RV4, Then came a Luke Jackson New Breed Auto!
05a403be-d523-405c-a31e-1bd3867722da_zps0cdsq0kj.jpg
The next card after the auto was a Gary Sanchez Elite Series 754/999!
IMG_0011_zpsaw0vxar3.jpg
Asked Michelle the odds of pulling an auto from a Donruss box and she said that were usually 3 hits per box, but all that she had seen were 1 auto and 2 relics per box. So pulling the one auto was pretty cool.
I thanked her and headed home. When I got home, decided to open the other pack of Donruss. First card in that was a Robin Yount 1983 revisited and the fourth was
IMG_0010%203_zpsdltm98c8.jpg
Cincinnati Reds Jose Peraza Promising Jersey 24/99
So out of 24 packs, Michelle grabbed 2 of the 3 hits! The rest of 2017 Donruss
IMG_0018_zpsavufbjzd.jpgIMG_0017_zps3lty1o3l.jpgIMG_0016_zpslr01hnjd.jpg
Out of the first two packs of 2000 Bowman...pulled a couple guys you might of heard of.

IMG_0019_zpsvtuxecjq.jpg

That is a great store; stopped in there once last spring on a trip to SD and had enjoyable talk with Michelle (and her dad?) about state of the hobby and how that store has been able to survive for so long....glad you had great luck! -- Jim

Congrats! Where is this hobby store located? I'm retired and thinking about watching a baseball game at the Petco Park later this year!! Best regards, David

Congrats! Where is this hobby store located? I'm retired and thinking about watching a baseball game at the Petco Park later this year!! Best regards, David

Here the Yelp review https://www.yelp.com/biz/all-star-cards-santee?hrid=lEGxBT8jNv908I4bSQxLGg

8781 Cuyamaca St
Santee, CA 92071

They don't have a website...if you click on the link you get the store that in Kansas.

Let me know when your coming and what game you want to see...I usually sit in the nose bleed section, but right behind home plate...I also get senior discount for being an old fart.
Bob