Review 2017 Heritage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2017 Heritage

24 packs per box - 9 cards per pack
Look for - Ultimate Card Giveaway, Buy Back cards, and 1 Real One Auto or Relic Card in every box!

I received the following:

193 unique base cards, 1 duplicate, and 8 SP's
Base 1-400 and SP 401-500

Base
Scan30_zps6isoycyq.jpg

Heritage is in the 1968 Topps design. Card design is clean with sharp clear pictures. The front is not cluttered - easy to read. The reverse contains personal stats, pro stats, and a write up about the player along with a bit of trivia on each card.

The number of SP's received is rather slim considering there are 100 of them.... To have the possibility of pulling all 100, one will need to buy 13 boxes..... might be a bit easier to run to the 'bay for the ones you need... However, there are those of us that buy cases of Heritage in order to collate master sets each year -- rock and roll!

Parallels/SSP
Scan31_zps8zfb2rca.jpg
Alternate parallel - Swanson
Yellow Back - Baez

New Age Performers
Scan37_zpsvatpwvvk.jpg
2 - Sanchez and Trout

Rediscover Topps
Bronze, Silver, Gold
Scan33_zpsmxzjlyvb.jpg
Pettini

Scan32_zpsqqmpofeb.jpg
Zimmer and McGriff

Gold - Backman

Chrome Parallel #ed to 499

Scan39_zpslutm7jo5.jpg
Corey Seager

Chrome parallels are another cool parallel to chase!!

Blue Parallel
Scan35_zpswjf2pfri.jpg
Travis Wood

Buy Back Box Topper
Scan38_zpspjzzz1lr.jpg
Wade Blasingame

Then and Now // Flashbacks

Scan36_zpsn83lzpvf.jpg
Then and Now - Marichal/Porcello
Flashbacks - Baseball - B. Robinson // News - Civil Rights

Game cards
Scan340006_zpsxqwll9vv.jpg
Bettis - Triple

Scan340005_zpsylz13irw.jpg
Cabrerra - Double

Scan340004_zpswxoib2da.jpg
Bryant - Home Run

Stamp #ed to 50

Scan40_zpsdgbvabvq.jpg

Johnny Bench

This is the first stamp card (or coin card) of any kind that I have ever pulled. It is a cool looking card.

Heritage should be a hit again this year especially with the master set builders out there. There are lots of inserts - blue parallel could prove to be a major hill to climb if one wants the complete set in blue, but hey, that's what the card collecting folks want.

My favorite is the stamp card - well done. Autos again come in blue and red- sadly, I did not receive either one...

Overall grade A- excellent design, maybe a few more SP's?

Go buy several boxes/cases and send the Rays parallels to me - while we are still tied for 1st place (before the season begins!!)

Duane

I'd like to be next in line after Rich if you're trading the Swanson. The only Rays card other than base I have is an Odorizzi SP but I have a lot of Rays from 2016 Topps Chrome, 2015 Topps Chrome, and other threads.

I would also be interested in the Seager chrome if you're moving that one, too. Just as a side note, I pulled a Johnny Bench Stamp card from a recent blaster box. That was pretty nice.

David

That was one loaded box, Duane! Love that Bench!

Don't think there are any Rays on my site, but wouldn't mind a shot at the Bryant (or the Bench! LOL)

Duane - if you can hit any of the 65+ remaining sps on my wantlist let me know what you would need. Why they went 100 when I can barely finish the 75 sp sets!