Review 2017 Gypsy Queen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Gypsy Queen 2017

24 packs - 8 cards per pack
2 On-Card Autos per box

I received the following:

Base Card - 176 unique base cards of the set of 320
Scan101_zpsbptzmynw.jpg

Gypsy Queen as in the past is printed on a manilla colored stiff card stock. Each card is a bit different with 'staining' and 'ink fluctuations'. The action photos are artistic in nature. The front of the card is a bit busy with team name, graphics, GQ logo, and player name with a blank 1/8th inch border around the card. The reverse is plain with a short write up about the player. Numbering of the GQ is in the lower center of the card and takes getting accustomed to when collating the cards.

I like receiving 55% of the base set of 320 in the box. At this rate, one would probably need 3? boxes to complete the base set - unless one hits the perfect match for their particular box. I am not sure, maybe someone can enlighten me, but I have not seen SP's for this issue - such as SP numbers (high?) or variations of photos.... (there are hatless variations) there are variations such as no black plate and no name plate...

As I understand it, there are even bubble gum stained backs embedded somewhere in some of the boxes - sadly, I don't believe I received one!

Purple Parallel
Scan102_zpszeyw5oxf.jpg

Hanley Ramirez and Aroldis Chapman - each #ed to 250

No Black Plate / No Name Plate
Scan104_zpse1ajhfnn.jpg

No Black Plate - Holliday, Moncada, Machado
No Name Plate -- How do I know? NO NAME PLATE!!! -- Stephen Vogt

B&W Parallel
Scan105_zpsvnpa8hze.jpg

Aaron Judge - #ed to 50

Fortune Teller / Hand Drawn Art
Scan103_zpszbpibauf.jpg

Fortune Teller - A. Gonzalez, Beltre, Moncada, Bryant
Hand Drawn Art - Harper, Ichiro, Rizzo

Box Topper
Scan107_zpso25zvg73.jpg

Jake Arrieta
Appears to be a refractor - but I'm not sure.

There are purple box toppers, regular, and refractor versions and even auto'd versions.... the box topper is 6 1/4" long and 4 1/4" wide.

The box topper is my favorite insert in this issue - still not sure how to store or display the cards because of size, but they look cool!

On Card Autos
Scan106_zpsesa8kmcy.jpg

Raimel Tapia
Alex Reyes

Both are on card - blue Sharpee autos - both look great!

I have seen purple versions of autos... not these - dang it!

Overall grade A+

Go buy several boxes and see if you can collate an entire base set! Send the Rays parallels to me -- if there are any???

Duane

Last edited:
Duane, thanks for the review and Posting. If you are trading the B/W of Judge I would be interested in it . I have these Rays from 2017 Gypsy Queen B/W #23 Blake Snell 7/50, #153 Logan Forsythe 39/50
Autograph #GQA-BS Blake Snell
PLMK Tom [email protected]

Duane - there are high number sp's (300+), hatless, no nameplate, as well as some photo variations. Go to cardboardconnection for conplete guide

Duane - there are high number sp's (300+), hatless, no nameplate, as well as some photo variations. Go to cardboardconnection for conplete guide

Thank you -- Most of the time, I try to evaluate each box on it's own merits - prior to looking at other reviews or lists. I appreciate the info.

Duane

Cards #301-320 are SPs. Along with the hatless SPs, there are some Throwback Uniform SPs, and the "Bubble Gum Backs" aren't stains, they're Bazooka (I think) advertisements instead of the standard bio bit.

Well i decided to go with the blaster boxes, $289 for 16 boxes, with the only guarantee
of 16 sps

haven't got them in, but decided to add some target and wal mart rack packs, thinking
of doing the green exclusives include in thos packs

Here are some of the sps

Image2025.jpg

Here is a faded, black and white auto, and gum back,
the gum back is a auto of trevor story

i thing the faded might be the no blackplate, i thing that
means the black printing plate was not use, this the faded color

Image2026.jpg

Here are some color variation, green, green back, and green
serial numbered, there are also some purple

960dddff-3223-455b-a01f-2a76899e99c8.jpg

and this is my favorite, fortune tell "green", was lucky to get the