Review 70th Bowman MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
70th Bowman MLB​

24 Packs - 10 cards per pack
1 Auto in every box!

I received the following:

Base Cards

Paper Vets
Scan77_zpsg7wfdw7s.jpg

100 - complete set plus 5 duplicates

Paper Prospects
Scan78_zpsrmqka0k0.jpg

70 of the set of 150

Chrome Prospects
Scan79_zpsp1j4p3rb.jpg

46 of the set of 150

70th Bowman edition.... Bowman is my favorite issue. This year's issue does not disappoint. I received a complete set of the paper vets, nearly 50% of the paper prospects, and 1/3 of the chrome prospects in the hobby box.

The cards are a bit darker this year many with a blurred crowd in the background. The design is very similar to issues past and the reverse - one would be pressed to find much difference at all from previous issues -- very consistent product.

This again is one of those issues that you buy, collate, and put it away for the future. A couple of the potential stars that one should look for are Nick Senzel, Eloy Jimenez, and Aaron Judge. The only one I received in chrome was Jimenez (not his auto, just his chrome base!-- dang it!!)

Parallels - Paper / Chrome

Paper
Scan82_zpsnbsvqyvm.jpg

R. Mountcastle - #ed to 499 (don't know what 'color' it is....)
A. Voth #ed to 250 - purple

Chrome
Scan83_zpsnpfff006.jpg

Blue shimmer - Andrew Sopko (not numbered)
Purple #ed to 250 - Freddy Peralta

There are numerous other parallels - for example in the jumbo box I bought, I received a red paper parallel - not numbered -- previously, red's were numbered to just 5... don't know if this is the case with this one or not. There are blue, and gold parallels along with shimmers of gold AND auto's versions of many of the inserts... along with refractors....There is literally something for everyone in this year's Bowman.

Talent Pipeline
Scan85_zps1jts73vp.jpg

Pirates and Brewers

Reprints
Scan81_zpsgmhds0og.jpg

Bonds and Todd Greene

Rookie of the Year / Bowman Scouts Top 100

Scan84_zpsatjoj1fp.jpg

Rookie - Arcia, Bregman, Dahl
Bowman Scouts Top 100 - J. Jones, Thaiss, Verdugo

1992 / 1948

Scan80_zpsv2qgb1bz.jpg

1948 - Bryant, Williams
1992 - Arenado, Harper

These 2 are my 2 favorite inserts -- they look excellent!!

Auto
Scan86_zpszjfvhzjo.jpg

David Dahl

On card auto - blue Sharpee -- looks fantastic!

Overall grade A+ well done!

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays parallels to me!

Duane

The serial 499 card is called Gray/silver card. Got to love Bowman! My one regular box out did the 3 jumbos......regular box had Christine Arryoro Giants gold auto! Sold on ebay for $349.99! Best regards, David PS regular box had the gold auto, printing plate 1/1 and Orange refractor numbered to 25!!

Duane -

Thanks for the review.

BTW, the red parallel that is unnumbered is the 70th Anniversary parallel. There is also one that would be numbered to 5, I got a Tyler O'Neill of each in my box.

Thanks again!

Thanks David... looks like you got 30-40% of your investment back on one card... excellent! My jumbo yielded a Nick Senzel auto - reg. It's currently selling on the 'bay for $110-$130. I probably should sell it. I also picked up all 3 sets plus 50 of the Top 100 for just $52 on ebay.

Do you pre-order your boxes or get them on line or go to a hobby store?

Duane

Thanks David... looks like you got 30-40% of your investment back on one card... excellent! My jumbo yielded a Nick Senzel auto - reg. It's currently selling on the 'bay for $110-$130. I probably should sell it. I also picked up all 3 sets plus 50 of the Top 100 for just $52 on ebay.

Do you pre-order your boxes or get them on line or go to a hobby store?

Duane
Hobby Store! Best regards, David