Review Finest Baseball M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Finest Baseball M L B

1 Master Box - 2 mini boxes - 6 packs per mini - 5 cards per pack
2 Chrome autos per master box

I received the following:

Base

Scan300_zpsjiqftmob.jpg

42 unique base cards - 42% of the 100 card set

Finest is one of my favorite issues each year. This year does not disappoint. The cards are high gloss - chrome - printed on very stiff stock. The front of the card is a bit busy with an intricate design behind the action photo of the player.

The reverse is pretty straight forward with player stats - last year and career along with a Finest Major League Performance write up of a highlight from 2016.

Refractor

Scan301_zpseqkny4at.jpg

4 refractors received -- still no 'specific designation' of refractor on the card i.e. 'refractor' or 'ref' or 'R'-- HOWEVER, if one stacks the cards received, you will readily see the inserts by looking at the side of the stack. The inserts are on bright white (and a bit thicker) stock.

Parallel Refractors

Scan303_zpserh7enj1.jpg

2 Purple - Tapia and Ichiro -- #ed to 250
1 Blue - Fulmer #ed to 150
1 Gold - Bettis - #ed to 50

There are an absolute pile of parallels - red, orange, blue wave, red wave, 1/1, green, superfractors, -- and nearly all of these are in each of the inserts as well as the autos!! There is even a 10 card die cut set of David Ortiz. Absolutely something for everyone!!

Breakthroughs // 94 Finest Basketball

Scan302_zpso6jkcv8y.jpg

Breakthroughs - Seager, DeGrom, Altuve, Matz
94 Finest Basketball - Ivan Rodriquez, and Altuve

Maybe I should understand this, but I don't -- why basketball design in a baseball issue? Someone out there -- fill me in. The cards looks great, but basketball - why not the 94 baseball issue?

Finest Firsts

Scan304_zps5jkggcg7.jpg

Yuleski Gurriel - can anyone image Harry Caray even attempting to say that name??

Extended SP

Scan305_zps3rqn8tvu.jpg

David Dahl - apparently, these come 1 in every 22 packs or so. There are 25 of them and it might be a fun chase to try to capture all 25 - via the 'bay, buying, or trading.

Autos

Scan306_zpsmv5a9biq.jpg

Blake Snell
Hunter Renfroe

The autos are on card in blue Sharpee -- well done -- as they should be in a premium issue!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Finest literally has something for nearly anyone -- rookies - with the RC designation (make sure you try to find an hang on to any Judge rookie - this dude is beyond hot!), current players and a select few retired vets.

Overall grade A+

Go buy several master boxes, and send the Rays parallels, autos, inserts - to me!

Hope you pull a gold, or red, or superfractor of Aaron Judge!!

Duane

Nice review. Always liked the look of Finest.

Happen to get a Bryant or Kinsler base? And is the Seager breakthrough available?

Hobby case of this stuff...I brought two boxes and another member 3 boxes......the Aaron Judge red auto numbered to 2/5 was in one of the other boxes : (