What's Your Most Unique Autograph Inscription?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I sent Bill "Spaceman" Lee some drawings I made of him along with some cards for him to sign. He sent only one back and so I made an inquiry to him for the card. He sent back my '81 Topps with his signature along with "F*** Off!" and "Angry card" written on it. It is a card I will never get rid of.....

Last edited:
Rooster - That's a keeper for sure! I had to look up his 1981 Topps card. Is it just me or does he look like Billy Bob Thornton?

Thanks
Craig

I would have to dig it up to scan it in, but only one that is "unique" is a return I got from Mack Brown - didn't have anything Texas related to send to him during his time in Austin, so I sent a couple of North Carolina cards featuring Kenan Stadium - he returned them with the inscription "Hook 'Em Heels", which I thought was pretty cool.

A non-sport, but as a teenager in my junior high play wrote to Ernest Borgnine asking acting advice, and he sent back a photo signed "To Kevin the scene-stealer"!!!!

Perhaps not unique, but a favorite of mine...

Ryan Rua of the Rangers signed a 11x14 for me and I asked him to add "First MLB Player from Lake Erie College," which he did.

LEC is in my hometown of Painesville, Ohio. It was a womens' college until the 1980s and only moved from NAIA to NCAA for sports in 2009. I went to their basketball camp in 1997. The school I attended from Pre-K through 8th grade was partnered with them for a long time before going independent, then when they merged with another school, LEC bought the buildings back in 2008 and uses them today for classrooms and a gym.

Great stuff folks! Keep it coming. This was once my favorite online forum to read. I'd love for it to be that way again!

Thanks
Craig

While doing my 1988 Topps autograph card collection and sending many TTMs out, I did receive Billy Bean back with my card signed, the cool thing about the return though, is Mr. Bean wrote on the back of a 3x5 card:

Hey Robert-
Good luck with your collection
Always swing for the fences!!
Billy Bean

Pretty cool that he actually took the time to read my request and write a little message

Other inscriptions I have received on my 1988 Topps cards:
Steve Lyons- "psycho"
Goose Gossage- "2008 HOF"
Frank Viola- "1988 AL CY YOUNG"

Rooster - WOW! What a card! You might not want to fix the link for it to show in the thread!

What I do is, click on the Share Photo Arrow, then move over to the BBCode. Change it to the highest Medium. Then copy and paste the link.

*I also delete everything after the last [/url] before the word "by", as well as the name of the picture that's before the [/url]. Hope that makes sense! If anyone has a better/different way, please share!)

I have an 8x10 from Conrad Dobler inscribed, "From one mean SOB to another." He was one of my favorites, even though I was not a Cardinals fan.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps

Members online