Review Museum Collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Museum Collection

4 Mini boxes - 5 cards per mini box
One On-Card Auto, One Auto'd Relic, One Quad Relic, and One Jumbo Relic per master box

I received the following:

Base Card

Scan020_zps2rpg4ryp.jpg

12 unique base cards - or 12% of the 100 card base set

Museum Collection issue is a premium issue and is in reasonably high demand. One hobby store sold out quickly with boxes going in excess of $200 per master box - definitely not for the faint of heart. Museum Collection is printed on thick stock with a glossy front and reverse. The front has gold foil and the reverse has personal stats along with career MLB stats. There is also a short write up called Career Appraisal.

The base set contains current players, retired players and historical players -- such as Babe Ruth. I will make the assumption that there is a rookie or 2 in the set, however, I did not receive one in this master box.

I would like to see in a premium set such as Museum Collection a base set of 150 - 125 of current players both vets and rookies along with 25 retired/historical players - Ruth, Mantle, Cobb, Ozzie, Ryan, etc.... maybe it's just me...

Parallels

Copper

Scan021_zpscloyrlvs.jpg

Kyle Schwarber and Greg Maddux

Sapphire / Amethyst

Scan022_zpsahks7aww.jpg

Sapphire - Trea Turner #ed to 150
Amethyst - Jose Bautista #ed to 99

Primary Pieces Quad Relic

Scan024_zpsrmlalwhk.jpg

Giancarlo Stanton #ed to 99

All four pieces are black....

Archival Auto On Card

Scan023_zpswpe1evn6.jpg

Al Kaline #ed to 99

Meaningful Material - Ruby

Scan025_zpsxogiirme.jpg

Corey Kluber #ed to 50

Momentous Material Jumbo Auto Relic

Scan026_zpsjwaej9ts.jpg

Dustin Pedroia #ed to 15

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Museum Collection is an issue that is excellent for the player collector - not so much for the set builder and a major hill to climb for the master set builder. For those chasing singular players, there are base, sapphire, emerald, copper, amethyst, gold parallels along with triple autos, laundry tags, 4 player primary piece cards, and this list can go on for quite a bit... i.e. something for nearly everyone and every pocket book.

The 2 patch piece cards that I received are pretty cool and the 3 cards with the jersey pieces are extremely thick.

Overall grade B+ a bit pricey and the number of base cards is slim...

Go buy several master boxes and send the Rays parallels - if there are any Rays.... to me.

Duane

Duane,
I opened 1 pack of Museum but I don't think I pulled any Rays. Would you trade for some Rays parallels from another '17 set?
Thanks,
Trish

Those are some pretty nice pulls. I would accept any game used or auto if your giving them away. Thanks.

Dave