"Rediscover Topps"????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seal006

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
OK, so I have bought a ton of 2017 Topps and Bowman packs, boxes, and so forth. A TON. What is it with these older cards randomly inserted wit "Rediscover Topps" stamped on them? Bowman has some with the 7oth year logo stamped on them, again older cards. Are these part of a subset? Why can I not find a listing? Any help is appreciated.

Topps bought back a bunch of junk cards, stamped them to make a .05 cent card "collectible" again, and shoved them into current packs as an "insert." They go through my paper shredder great.

There is a member on here who is looking for them. Topps has been doing this for years. I send them to the trader as free cards.

If you get a good player it is worth something but most are just commons.

The "Rediscover Topps" also have numerous color variations.

I know of Blue, Red, Gold, Silver & Bronze. With blue being the rarest and bronze being the most common in the order I listed.

Ron

They are somewhat popular with some collectors, it would seem mostly player collectors looking for another unique card of their player. I always seek ANY buyback/stamped/embossed Garvey cards and would also sometimes pick up some Dodger commons in the past, but unless someone is selling a large lot, it isn't worth trying to buy singles on eBay at $3 a pop s/h.