To sell or Rip it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Hit the rip card of Scherzer 34/60! What would you do with it? Rip it and hope to get something better or sell unripped? Best regards, David

Hi David. Rip it! Can't beat the "rush" of opening something not knowing what's inside. To me, that is the fun of buying new packs. This is a little different, but still a rush.

Good luck with it,

Luis

David -
I've never pulled a rip card, but I don't think I could resist ripping it.

Rip away!

Hi David. Rip it! Can't beat the "rush" of opening something not knowing what's inside. To me, that is the fun of buying new packs. This is a little different, but still a rush.

Good luck with it,

Luis

David, I would rip it as there could be something really nice worth a lot more than the Scherzer Unripped.
Good Luck with your decision ! Nice Pull ! Tom

David -
I've never pulled a rip card, but I don't think I could resist ripping it.

Rip away!

Thanks guys! I'm leaning to the rip it side. Best regards,David

Thanks everyone! Rip cards are about 1 or 2 per case. Decided to get it to my local hobby store to sell.....sold it for $79.99. Best regards, David

I would consider the collector of the subject of any unripped card. I would much rather have an unripped card of a player I collect then to rip it and hope for something better. I personally think cards inside of cards was one of the worst ideas ever.

I would consider the collector of the subject of any unripped card. I would much rather have an unripped card of a player I collect then to rip it and hope for something better. I personally think cards inside of cards was one of the worst ideas ever.

I agree! Best regards, David

I have always ripped the ones I've pulled (around ten of them) and had never gotten anything but an extended mini until last year, when I pulled a red auto of Brandon Drury. But I haven't learned my lesson and will keep ripping them. I pulled a double rip card and a regular rip card in my first three boxes this year, although I haven't ripped them yet.

Have never gotten a rip card, pretty sure I would have to rip it. Would feel like opening a pack within a pack.

I pulled another rip card (Reggie Jackson, to go with a Roger Maris and a double rip card of Clemente/McCutchen) so I finally decided it was time to rip. As usual, I got nothing but extended minis: Jackson had a Tyler Glasnow; Maris had a Max Scherzer; the double rip had a Griffey and a Benintendi. There is value there: Scherzer books for $60, Benintendi $120, Griffey $100 and Glasnow $40, but it's still disappointing. I'm keeping them but I thought I'd let everybody know what I got. Judge books for $400 by the way.