1991 Donruss White Back? (Frank Thomas)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hey craig
i remember seeing some white back cards like that but cant remember where i notice a leaf logo in the one corner maybe it is a leaf back and donruss front just and idea
later
Tom

Either a really odd printing error or possibly a counterfeit card. Keep in mind, in 1991 Frank Thomas was THE upcoming star aside from Griffey and you're in the middle of the huge card 'investment' era. That card was likely 3-10 dollars at shows when it first came out. Maybe someone actually thought copying some of these would be profitable. I have been unable to find any info on any '91 donruss with stock or color variations.

GotMelky - Thanks!

Tom - I'd say it's definitely a Donruss back. I think I've had about a million or so of those go through my hands over the years! I hope all is well!

cjay101 - Someone on another site mentioned a plate issue or test. Of all the things I've thought of and heard, I'm leaning that way with it.

Billy - It was in a lot that I picked up off eBay. The seller told me he won it at a local auction in Oklahoma.

Thanks!
Craig

if you look at the one pictured at beckett.com, the stripes on the front of the card are different colors as well.