Creased Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julycoaron

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Back in the 1970's and 80's, I opened a lot of Topps cards, both from packs and vending boxes. I got my share of miscut cards and would always send them back to Topps and they would "replace" them with the same number of cards. (This was not a 1 for 1 trade; they did not replace specific cards, but I remember receiving 200 to 300 cards at a time in the mail.)

Quality control has gotten a lot better. You hardly see miscut cards anymore, but yesterday I pulled a Powder Blue parallel from a pack of 2017 Topps Series 2 (serial numbered to 50) and it has a very noticeable crease along one corner. The card is worthless, in my opinion.

Is there anything that I can do about this through Topps? Or am I just out of luck?

Brian

Per Topps web site

https://www.topps.com/customer-service/support

Where can I send damaged cards for replacement?

The Topps Company will replace any Topps produced card that is determined to be damaged or defective from any current-year product (only), while supplies last. Topps will send a replacement of similar value (same card not guaranteed).

A request must be accompanied by the following five items: (1) Missing Hit/Damage Claim Form, (2) a letter of explanation, (3) copy of receipt from the store in which you purchased the cards, (4) pack wrappers and (5) proof of purchase (UPC code found on the bottom of the box) sent to the following address:
The Topps Company, Inc.
2300 Stafford Ave. Suite 800
Scranton, PA 18505
ATTN: Consumer Relations

Topps strongly recommends sending all replacement requests in a fashion which provides proof of delivery, within padded envelopes or boxes. Please note that The Topps Company is not responsible for lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or, misdirected mail. Replacements for eligible cards will be shipped within 2 to 4 weeks of receipt. Any ineligible cards received (or any cards that Topps is unable to replace, for any reason) will be returned back to the consumer.

Yeah I send Topps their damaged cards all the time. As long as it's from the same year, they'll replace them, pretty quickly too.