Hacked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

No, just a clown making a bunch of ID's and posting a bunch of spam. We closed and moved the threads, suspended the users and are processing an IP ban.

Thanks for pointing these our to us. We appreciate it that you have our backs.

John

Frequently in the past, a person will create a new account and post some useless garbage on multiple threads. The threads are quickly moved to the retired threads section and the user is banned so they cannot post again. The person(s) who are doing this wouldn't have any more access than a regular member. There shouldn't be any concern of private information getting out. As a standard precaution you shouldn't use your Bench password an other sites you may use. My theory is that someone who was banned as a bad trader is doing this crap.

They coming from San Francisco...probably because there lots of places to come at us......hotels, libraries, internet stores, Kinko stores, Computer stores, etc, etc. Probably not using their own computer. I'll be going to San Francisco next month....willing to head a task force....Best regards, David

They are usually a bot (software) that's creating these to post spam links. Kind of hard to combat. I have turned on a verification process for sign ups. Let's see if that helps.

I have used all options available to try and stop the spammers. Nothing seems to work, so now all new users will go into a moderation queue for review before they are allowed to post.

Sucks that any new member will have to wait until account is reviewed, but it's the only way to cut back on the garbage posts.