Thread: Beckett laugh!!

Beckett laugh!!

I subscribe to Beckett online and was looking for Andy Pettite cards, they only have 6 listed. So I write to them and ask what happened ?
    They sent the following answer:Thank you for contacting with us! We have only 6 cards listed with us for this player.

I wrote Andy Pettite played for over 10 years in the MLB how can you have only 6 cards?

No reply yet!!

I just went into 1993 bowman and found Pettite #103 click on card then name they have listed 4990 cards for him? I guess you have to search by set that you know a player is in then find through the back door. Sheesh
    Last edited by erdoro; 10-10-2017 at 08:16 AM.
    set builder ...need SP's

That's pretty funny.

It is the computerized era in which whatever the computer or mechanical devise spits out is the right answer. Have you ever been in a situation where the checkout person at the store, for whatever reason, has to do the math in his/her head?

Always try to encourage my two teenage kids to rationalize their answers before blindly accepting whatever Google or their calculators say.
    I COLLECT PLAYERS FROM PUERTO RICO

I TRADE BY BV WHEN AVAILABLE

NO PWE FOR GU/AUTOS PLEASE

AUTOS: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmzSsnyB
    GU: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmC8gnED

answer from business development executive. yes sir collage graduate lol
    set builder ...need SP's

I'm not on Beckett but did you try spelling it Pettitte?
    Will trade for vintage and current Pittsburgh Pirates, Pirates certified and TTM/IP autos, '70s food issues and oddballs, 1979-80 Topps and OPC hockey, vintage soccer, and other randomosities.

Check out the most eclectic tradelist on the Bench!

It would help if you spelled his name correctly. It's Pettitte
    Brad Ziegler 343/648Wantlist Click Here
    RC's & Autos Of Mike Trout,Aaron Judge,Matt Olson,Matt Chapman,Ronald Acuna,Juan Soto, Jose Altuve,Khris Davis,Mookie Betts,Christian Yelich,Bryce Harper, Ramon Laureano,Vladimir Guerrero Jr.,Fernando Tatis Jr.,Pete Alonso,Anthony Rendon
    Football Shaquem Griffin & Alabama Crimson Tide players
    Boxing/MMA- Micky Ward, Gina Carano

^^

This. I typed in Pettitte, and got 4515 entries. Typing it in incorrectly as Pettite, gets 6 results.
    Hoosier
    ---------
    Trading Interests:
    Javier Baez, Ernie Banks, Johnny Bench, Kris Bryant, Willson Contreras, Ian Kinsler, Greg Maddux, Mike Schmidt, Corey Seager & Mike Trout. Victor Oladipo. Jordan Howard & Walter Payton

EVERYTHING I have available for trade is on my tradelist page. If it's not on that page, I don't have it. It's really that simple. Hoosier's Tradelist

Beckett Online has absolutely no flexibility. You have to get all the information EXACT to ever get a price from them. When searching for a card that I am not sure of the correct information, I might have to make 25-30 different inputs to ever get any results. It drives me crazy.
    I collect Nolan Ryan, Mickey Mantle and Ted Williams cards I do not have. I might also trade for Johnny Bench parallel cards. LMK before the trade if your address is not in USA.

Quote Originally Posted by ryancollector View Post
    Beckett Online has absolutely no flexibility. You have to get all the information EXACT to ever get a price from them. When searching for a card that I am not sure of the correct information, I might have to make 25-30 different inputs to ever get any results. It drives me crazy.
    This is both true and false. You need to spell things correctly and completely. You can't really type "don" and hope to get Donruss; and you certainly can't type "tops" and expect their catalog to know it's Topps.

But keywords tend to work. "Heritage Award Trout," for example, will bring up 10 listings. Easy enough to find the one you want.
    Hoosier
    ---------
    Trading Interests:
    Javier Baez, Ernie Banks, Johnny Bench, Kris Bryant, Willson Contreras, Ian Kinsler, Greg Maddux, Mike Schmidt, Corey Seager & Mike Trout. Victor Oladipo. Jordan Howard & Walter Payton

EVERYTHING I have available for trade is on my tradelist page. If it's not on that page, I don't have it. It's really that simple. Hoosier's Tradelist

fwiw....

if you type something , all of it must appear in the result , but partial matches work just fine....personally i just use the first 3 or 4 letters of several key words in whatever search i'm doing and that USUALLY works out quite nicely....using the example above of "heritage award trout" , i typed in "her awa tro" and got 11 results....made it "heri awa tro" and got the same 10 as the fully typed out version.....

while this does work for the OPG , it DOES NOT work in the organize where you must type out exact matches.....now if only beckett would add some consistency when using (or not using) prefixes and/or suffixes found as part of card numbers....
    Claude's Card Corner
    Want ANY USC Gamecocks such as Renaldo Balkman , Tiffany Mitchell , Alaina Coates , Dunta Robinson , Jonathan Joseph , Fred Bennett , Connor Shaw , Duce Staley , Sidney Rice , Jadeveon Clowney , Alshon Jeffery , Melvin Ingram , Marcus Lattimore , Landon Powell , Whit Merrifield , Jordan Montgomery , Justin Smoak & Steve Pearce (full list on my site)

This can work both ways, sometimes a mistake can work in your favor. Years ago I picked up a lot of 1973 Topps cards on Ebay for first bid super cheap, I was the only bidder, and I couldn't figure out why - until I realized the sellers info had spelled it as 1973 Topss, and I had to have made the same typo when I started my search.

It works for Kirby Puckett cards as well - you would be surprised how many people leave off that 2nd T.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0