Plead to Topps ....Please stop with the small print!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
As more and more collectors are getting old and retiring......the small print for the codes....to determine if its short print, special short print or base card is tough on us old guys eyes! Please just type it in large print on the back of the card "SP" for short print..."SSP" for special short print.....and "V" for variation! Best regards, David K.

It's that simple........ look at all the keys strokes that u save......cmp7552517......just cmp: ssp or cmp: v or cmp: sp........I hope someone from topps is listening to us.

I don't think Topps really cares...........I'm sure they think all card customers are 8 to 13 years old..........Like they could afford pack prices..........Generally it's the parents that have to pony up the cash...........I would invest in a loupe, like I did..........Makes it much easier to read, even with glasses............

I don't think Topps really cares...........I'm sure they think all card customers are 8 to 13 years old..........Like they could afford pack prices..........Generally it's the parents that have to pony up the cash...........I would invest in a loupe, like I did..........Makes it much easier to read, even with glasses............

Topps thinks their customers are 8 to 13 years......that my friend was many years ago! They have a convention every year and they know ......they losted the kids a long time ago.....They do monitor the boards to see what their customers are talking about! Best regards, David

David:
I agree wholeheartedly! I have pretty good eyesight and strain to read some of the stuff on the cards. It takes so much of the joy and spontaneity out of the hobby when you have to break out the magnifying glass!
Boots.

As more and more collectors are getting old and retiring......the small print for the codes....to determine if its short print, special short print or base card is tough on us old guys eyes! Please just type it in large print on the back of the card "SP" for short print..."SSP" for special short print.....and "V" for variation! Best regards, David K.

I'm 100% with you David.

I completely agree. Either make the numbers bigger or put them somewhere easier to see or put SP/SSP somewhere on the back, like they started doing with "refractor".

Normally you can tell the SP's etc. from where you pull them in the pack, or when you sort them and a card of the same number is obviously different, but if you just buy a random pack at a show or a store, you would have no idea that a card was an SP.