Longest time it took for you and your trading partner to receive a trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragonslayer913

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Well title sorta mentions it all this is based on with no fault of yours or your trading partners just the good ole USPS being the USPS

For me *dates maybe off a day or two
to receive (can't remember trading partner) trade confirmed 8/7/15 received 11/12/15 post marked 8/8/15
partner to receive (imprimus) trade confirmed 12/6/08 received 7/21/09 post marked 12/8/08

There have been others most are withing a few weeks or so but those were the worst

Ebay-Sold a 2015 Update complete set buyer paid I mailed USPS lost it refunded buyer back on Sept 20th received an email from Ebay stating a buyer would like to make payment as they received there item so I got in contact with buyer sent him an invoice via PayPal payment was made it was almost a year for them to receive.

So let me know yours

Best,
David

Last edited:
My experience with the PO has been 100% positive. There have been a few instances of a package being misrouted so I've had a few arrive 2 or 3 days later than expected. But I have never lost a package in 17 years of internet trading either as a mailer or as the receiver.

For some odd reason I always receive my package 1 day earlier then the person I send it to. I have an ace local mailman but it is uncanny how often I receive one day sooner than my trading partner if we both mail on the same day.

One of the most shocking mailing stories for me was mailing to the guy on here who is the parallel king. I'm in upstate NY and he was in Northern Cali. I mailed on a Monday and he received it on Wednesday. He mailed to me on the day he received and I got my cards on Friday. Literally it was a 5 day relay race from NY to Cali and back to NY.

My only complaints with the PO is the high rates these days which are so high it almost makes internet trading no longer worthwhile. . As far as service from the PO, I have zero complaints.

I just got a package from a trader after a month (not from here). It was earlier than I expected believe it or not- he is in Puerto Rico and caught up in the hurricane. I seriously didn't think I'd see it for months- we made the trade a couple of days before and he said he was caught up in hurricane preparation and would mail afterward. Well everyone knows what happened so I was very surprised that he mailed it! The letter said the post office just opened after 3 weeks.

About 10 years ago I ordered some $5 card, never got it and got refunded. A year later I received it. The seller was suprised to hear and I sent him the payment. Sometimes things just get lost.

I noticed an interesting development today on my mailing to Rhode Island from Upstate NY. The tracking number said the package was due to arrive on Tuesday. I have mailed an incredible number of packages from here to New England over the years and the estimated delivery date was always two days from the day I mailed. I assumed the ETA day was going to be Saturday but it said Tuesday and that is three days later than I expected (counting Sunday). I am wondering if the PO has extended its expected delivery day time.. Maybe it is because of the Holiday season? I'll keep an eye on this package to see just how long it takes to arrive to R.I.