Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33
    Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to hitman73's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    Haven't had time for Jeopardy much lately - caught it last night and I guess it is Teen Tournament week, so can't comment if the real players have kept up the aggressive James style play, or have fallen back into the same old style that was played for decades...

Caught 5 minutes of Holey Moley this evening - extreme mini-golf as run by Steph Curry! I am all in. This show looks to be a thousand times more entertaining than Million Dollar Mile, another NBA star run program - which I believe has already disappeared from television.
    Holey Moley was pretty cool and love Rob Riggle as a co-host. Mini golf meets Wipeout...………..great show.
    https://sites.google.com/site/brettssportscardpage/
    When trading with me,communication is key.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    Haven't had time for Jeopardy much lately - caught it last night and I guess it is Teen Tournament week, so can't comment if the real players have kept up the aggressive James style play, or have fallen back into the same old style that was played for decades...

Caught 5 minutes of Holey Moley this evening - extreme mini-golf as run by Steph Curry! I am all in. This show looks to be a thousand times more entertaining than Million Dollar Mile, another NBA star run program - which I believe has already disappeared from television.
    As a Jeopardy purest along with millions of other viewers hope they never have another James on again. If money and betting is your main enjoyment one of the poker shows would be better suited to you. As far as the teens not being real players WTF. Holey Moley to me is just new lipstick on shows that they had on years ago. For some reason the networks shink if they put a sports celebrity on a show people woild watch it like Homer Simpson looks at a donut.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I just saw that James Holzhauer will be playing in the World Series Of Poker. Some guy is going to fund his buy-ins to get him to play. Poker still is popular but has a loss in viewers in the last few years. This looks like an ad ploy. They are pushing his Jeopardy wins, his wife and charity donations. Its a tough sell how do you make a guy with the personality and looks of Gargamel look good/

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by budd2222 View Post
    As a Jeopardy purest along with millions of other viewers hope they never have another James on again. If money and betting is your main enjoyment one of the poker shows would be better suited to you. As far as the teens not being real players WTF. Holey Moley to me is just new lipstick on shows that they had on years ago. For some reason the networks shink if they put a sports celebrity on a show people woild watch it like Homer Simpson looks at a donut.
    Not sure it warranted a "WTF", but I guess I should have put "real" in quotes - the teens are playing the game of Jeopardy, but they are playing a two week tournament, which is different than playing every day against opponents. Even if they don't win their first matchup, they can still advance by having a total $$ amount high enough to qualify as a wild card. And the overall champ is a two day total, not a daily total, so there are distinct differences between the daily play and tournament play (not just for teens, but for the teachers and the tournament of champions).

For the millions of purists, there are just as many that liked what james was doing, to each his own. I wasn't a fan of james himself, I was a fan of the way he went about playing the game. I liked that he took risks and was thoughtful about his wagers and what they meant - and I was even hopeful that the young lady who took him down would go on a long run as champion playing the same way. Everything evolves, if I remember correctly the boards used to be 100-500 and 200-1000, now they are 200-100 and 400-2000 - everybody hated that change, but now no one thinks about it. I am sure there were people that didn't like the inclusion of a 24 second shot clock in basketball, but now no one thinks about it.

As for extreme mini-golf...it didn't matter who was hosting, I was gonna watch, it just looked entertaining to me...and in the first five minutes, watching a contestant get slammed not once, but twice by a giant windmill, that was just funny to me....

I just saw that James Holzhauer will be playing in the World Series Of Poker. Some guy is going to fund his buy-ins to get him to play. Poker still is popular but has a loss in viewers in the last few years. This looks like an ad ploy. They are pushing his Jeopardy wins, his wife and charity donations. Its a tough sell how do you make a guy with the personality and looks of Gargamel look good/
    Poker has oversaturated its market. Ever since Chris Moneymaker won the WSOP Main Event back in what, 2007? 2008?, the exposure has exploded. You can't flip channels at this point and not see an event of some kind. I love playing poker, not so much watching it anymore -- would be much more interesting (and helpful/informative), if they would show the hands blind (IE, don't show me the cards of all the players, just show me one players cards) and let me try to figure out what everyone else has and how the hand should unfold. Once I know that the two remaining players have A-A and K-K, and the flop comes A-K-8, I know there will be fireworks. But only show me the K-K, and let me try to figure things out as the hand progresses. That would be way more interesting to me.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I don'y give Holzhauer much of a chance at the poker tables. Its one thing to look aver stats and make a bet, its another for the worlds best watching your face body and hands for any tell. We'll see how many hours he last. I have been watching 6 or 7 Jeopardy forms and have seen some polls and all of the hated Holzhaue'rs style of play. The rating are back to normal and he is just about forgotten.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to hitman73's ebay items

You Jeopardy nuts should know James Holzhauer has autos in this years Allen & Ginter.
    https://sites.google.com/site/brettssportscardpage/
    When trading with me,communication is key.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I don'y give Holzhauer much of a chance at the poker tables. Its one thing to look aver stats and make a bet, its another for the worlds best watching your face body and hands for any tell. We'll see how many hours he last. I have been watching 6 or 7 Jeopardy forms and have seen some polls and all of the hated Holzhaue'rs style of play. The rating are back to normal and he is just about forgotten.
    I think we just found common ground to agree upon!! Short of a run of AMAZING LUCK, he will not thrive at the poker table. It is a much different animal than a trivia game. In his first WSOP tournament (not the main event) - he placed 454th out of 1800 entrants. Not a bad start, but well short of finishing in the $$$$. But since he has said he will donate a portion of his earnings to local charities, I do hope that he makes some cash during the WSOP run.

Quote Originally Posted by bblair_2002 View Post
    You Jeopardy nuts should know James Holzhauer has autos in this years Allen & Ginter.
    I had seen that, thanks! The Jeopardy bartender from last year had cards in 2018 A/G -- so maybe this will be an ongoing thing for Jeopardy champs. More looking forward to Danielle Colbys AU in A/G this year though!

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I an now 3 episodes in on Holey Moley....It is starting to run its course. It needs to change up a bit to keep it interesting and fresh. The same holes over and over, repetitive. Need to expand a bit and have some new holes if this will hold my interest past the initial season.

Didn't even realize that it was the lead in to Curry's wifes cooking challenge show. All of a sudden so many things made so much more sense...

Kirby Puckett havelist: