Topps Chrome/Bowman info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Santa dropped a couple boxes of cards under the tree this year. I am basically a Topps flagship collector, so don't know much about their other brands.

I am seeing refractors, x-fractors....BP/BPC, etc. If there is anyone out there who can provide a basic education of what is in these boxes, would be greatly appreciated. Some of it will be up for trade, and I just want to make sure that I am identifying cards properly with prospective traders.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

BP=Bowman Prospect, BPC or BCP=Bowman Chrome Prospect/Bowman Prospect Chrome. Bowman, Bowman Chrome & Topps Chrome all have refractors, X-Fractors, etc. Hope this helps a little more for ya.

BP=Bowman Prospect, BPC or BCP=Bowman Chrome Prospect/Bowman Prospect Chrome. Bowman, Bowman Chrome & Topps Chrome all have refractors, X-Fractors, etc. Hope this helps a little more for ya.

It does, thank you. My biggest concern is not knowing the difference between the different types of refractors, etc. I see that some of the cards have "refractor" on the back, but have noticed different patterns on the front. It is now very easy to see why I stick to Topps Flagship - much less confusing.

It does, thank you. My biggest concern is not knowing the difference between the different types of refractors, etc. I see that some of the cards have "refractor" on the back, but have noticed different patterns on the front. It is now very easy to see why I stick to Topps Flagship - much less confusing.

Yea it is somewhat confusing especially when there is 2 series of Bowman that releases every year. The Spring release has only the Chrome cards of prospects & paper veterans while the Autumn/Fall Release has Chrome for veterans & the 2nd series of prospects. The 2011 Topps Chrome refractors were & still are hard to spot from the regular cards but you can tell because the refs have a silver border while the regular chrome cards have a white border. I prefer the label on the back that states "Refractor".

Yea it is somewhat confusing especially when there is 2 series of Bowman that releases every year. The Spring release has only the Chrome cards of prospects & paper veterans while the Autumn/Fall Release has Chrome for veterans & the 2nd series of prospects. The 2011 Topps Chrome refractors were & still are hard to spot from the regular cards but you can tell because the refs have a silver border while the regular chrome cards have a white border. I prefer the label on the back that states "Refractor".

More good info - based on that, I am guessing this is a spring release, no veteran chrome. Hoping to get it posted in the box breaks thread at some point today.