Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 615
  1. katester44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,343
    Bench Bucks
    8,636
    Blog Entries
    12
    Bench Points
    1231
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #46
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer913 View Post
    The public / Media / Refs and the NFL all want the Pats to win so what is the point in playing the game I won't even waste my time watching it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    It grates me to concede it, but the Pats have nearly perfected the game. While I don't disagree with dragonslayer913's observation ( I would add Vegas, which runs the NFL, to his list) there is something about their ability to take basically non-descript players and mold them into a winning team. Other than Brady (and remember he was a 6th round pick with 198 players being chosen before him) they do not have any superstars on their team, especially in the receiving corps with Gronk out. Yet they still manage to be a potent offense and win. And that may be their secret: they are a team and it is team first.
    I wish Wenz was not injured, as I think he would make for a very competitve game; you don't know which Nick Foles is going to show up. Yesterday he was great. In two weeks he could revert to lackluster, or worse.
    I'll watch, but will be side-tracked, wondering how my Giants are going to start on their rebuild!
    Boots
    I agree with you to a point. I don't believe fans of the NFL want to see the Pats win - only those in Vermont/NH/Mass/Maine/RI want that - the other 45 states want ANYONE but the Pats. The NFL does have a vested interest in the Pats going as far as possible - ratings/$$. No offense to other fanbases, but Jags/Vikes -- Bortles/Keenum doesn't sell nearly as well as Pats/Brady v. anyone. Would have been A LOT better if the Eagles had Wentz...maybe next year.

    In other news - Jason Kidd fired by the Bucks. I honestly didn't even know that Jason Kidd was coaching the Bucks. Of course, for all I know, Paul Mokeski could still be PLAYING for the Bucks.

    Tiger Woods tees it up for real this week at Torrey Pines/Farmers Insurance Open.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

    Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

    wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

    Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

  2. Boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Legacy Member from Loudonville, New York
    Posts
    5,077
    Bench Bucks
    3,626
    Bench Points
    621
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to collectorskip's ebay items


    #47
    Never really understood the Kidd as coach thing. He was a great guard, but never impressed me as coaching material. Guess I was partly right and partly wrong!
    Good lucck to Tiger. I think the game is better with him than without him, particularly if he is not just bull dozing the field as he used to. Now that others have had a chance to shine, it could be interesting to see "the old man" v. the young bucks who came of age while he was on hiatus!

    Boots
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

    Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

  3. David K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    67,435
    Bench Bucks
    33,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Bench Points
    10266
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

    #48
    I like the Eagles in the Superbowl! Best regards, David PS Kansas Chief beat both teams in the Superbowl....Eagles peaking at the right time.
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/ Ends on frid night 14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

  4. David K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    67,435
    Bench Bucks
    33,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Bench Points
    10266
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

    #49
    His any body seen the Frank Thomas on tv for some type of drug.......I'm a big fan of Frank Thomas .....but now I'm thinking.....was he also using of .....and did he fool everyone? Best regards, David
    Last edited by David K.; 01-24-2018 at 01:20 AM.
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/ Ends on frid night 14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

  5. Boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Legacy Member from Loudonville, New York
    Posts
    5,077
    Bench Bucks
    3,626
    Bench Points
    621
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to collectorskip's ebay items


    #50
    I've seen it. It is a commercial for Nugenix, a purported testosterone booster, which Thomas says helps him feel stronger during his workouts.
    Boots
    Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    His any body seen the Frank Thomas on tv for some type of drug.......I'm a big fan of Frank Thomas .....but now I'm thinking.....was he also a using of .....and did he fool everyone? Best regards, David
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

    Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

  6. David K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    67,435
    Bench Bucks
    33,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Bench Points
    10266
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

    #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I've seen it. It is a commercial for Nugenix, a purported testosterone booster, which Thomas says helps him feel stronger during his workouts.
    Boots
    During his playing days....He claims....he was clean of using any type of drugs or testosterone! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/ Ends on frid night 14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

  7. katester44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,343
    Bench Bucks
    8,636
    Blog Entries
    12
    Bench Points
    1231
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #52
    Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    During his playing days....He claims....he was clean of using any type of drugs or testosterone! Best regards, David
    Have seen the commercial - he says he started taking the supplement he is pitching AFTER his retirement. In all honesty, is there anyone from the steroid era that doesn't have a little bit of suspicion (including two of the three latest HOF inductees).

    LeBron got to 30,000 last night...and he was happier about the personal milestone than losing another game. And I would have NEVER known about it, but thankfully he tweeted a congratulations to himself for the milestone, before the game was played. Amazing talent..tone deaf as all get out! Especially after a team meeting where everyone went after Kevin Love for having the flu. Tristan Thompson bringing the curse of the Kardashians into the Cavs world is wrecking them!!!
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

    Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

    wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

    Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

  8. Boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Legacy Member from Loudonville, New York
    Posts
    5,077
    Bench Bucks
    3,626
    Bench Points
    621
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to collectorskip's ebay items


    #53
    But look at the good news: the Mets may sign Bartolo Colon to a minor league deal!
    boots

    Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    Have seen the commercial - he says he started taking the supplement he is pitching AFTER his retirement. In all honesty, is there anyone from the steroid era that doesn't have a little bit of suspicion (including two of the three latest HOF inductees).

    LeBron got to 30,000 last night...and he was happier about the personal milestone than losing another game. And I would have NEVER known about it, but thankfully he tweeted a congratulations to himself for the milestone, before the game was played. Amazing talent..tone deaf as all get out! Especially after a team meeting where everyone went after Kevin Love for having the flu. Tristan Thompson bringing the curse of the Kardashians into the Cavs world is wrecking them!!!
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

    Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

  9. katester44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,343
    Bench Bucks
    8,636
    Blog Entries
    12
    Bench Points
    1231
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    But look at the good news: the Mets may sign Bartolo Colon to a minor league deal!
    boots
    That is AWESOME!! Hope he makes the squad so I can take my son to see a Mets game this year! He loves the nickname that Bartolo has...nothing better than watching a game highlight and hearing "Big Fat" Bartolo Colon!
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

    Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

    wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

    Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

  10. David K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    67,435
    Bench Bucks
    33,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Bench Points
    10266
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

    #55
    Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    Have seen the commercial - he says he started taking the supplement he is pitching AFTER his retirement. In all honesty, is there anyone from the steroid era that doesn't have a little bit of suspicion (including two of the three latest HOF inductees).

    LeBron got to 30,000 last night...and he was happier about the personal milestone than losing another game. And I would have NEVER known about it, but thankfully he tweeted a congratulations to himself for the milestone, before the game was played. Amazing talent..tone deaf as all get out! Especially after a team meeting where everyone went after Kevin Love for having the flu. Tristan Thompson bringing the curse of the Kardashians into the Cavs world is wrecking them!!!
    He and everyone else knows this is bad! There even using this stuff on the food that u eat.....Using it on Cattle so that they speed up the growing process....theres a reason why our body stop producing it after 25 year of age.....because that's the natural body process! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/ Ends on frid night 14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

  11. SymphonicMetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,192
    Bench Bucks
    2,010
    Bench Points
    118
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #56
    The Frank Thomas commercial mystifies me. He looks kind of round and puffy, not the kind of physique one would think would be a good selling point for a nutritional supplement.

    On a sickening note, my alma mater is a complete embarrassment with the sex abuse scandal concerning the female gymnasts. I went to MSU when it was like the Wild West but something like this would have never happened there "back in the day". Believe me today's SJWs would have fainted dead away at what went on back then. I assure you one of the girl's fathers, brothers or boyfriends would have snapped that doctor's neck if they learned of the things he did. And today? I have not heard of one guy going after that doctor and you may have noticed he is not an imposing physical specimen. I guess today guys are too concerned with their social media accounts to do much of anything.

    I never bought into the grandfatherly JoPa nonsense at Penn State and I am not giving my school a pass on this one little bit. Sure I like it when MSU's basketball and football teams do well but I don't run around waving green and white pom-poms either going "yea team".. I hope Michigan State gets their just desserts over this horrifying and inexcusable scandal.

    #DBAP

  12. katester44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,343
    Bench Bucks
    8,636
    Blog Entries
    12
    Bench Points
    1231
    Trader Rating
    5.0





    #57
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    The Frank Thomas commercial mystifies me. He looks kind of round and puffy, not the kind of physique one would think would be a good selling point for a nutritional supplement.

    On a sickening note, my alma mater is a complete embarrassment with the sex abuse scandal concerning the female gymnasts. I went to MSU when it was like the Wild West but something like this would have never happened there "back in the day". Believe me today's SJWs would have fainted dead away at what went on back then. I assure you one of the girl's fathers, brothers or boyfriends would have snapped that doctor's neck if they learned of the things he did. And today? I have not heard of one guy going after that doctor and you may have noticed he is not an imposing physical specimen. I guess today guys are too concerned with their social media accounts to do much of anything.

    I never bought into the grandfatherly JoPa nonsense at Penn State and I am not giving my school a pass on this one little bit. Sure I like it when MSU's basketball and football teams do well but I don't run around waving green and white pom-poms either going "yea team".. I hope Michigan State gets their just desserts over this horrifying and inexcusable scandal.

    #DBAP
    I am with you regarding MSU - multiple members of my family attended MSU and I was accepted to graduate school there, before I came to my senses and realized that would mean spending additional time in a Michigan winter..no thanks! The entire board of directors should be gone. The president resigned today. The athletic director should be gone and anyone associated with the sports med and gymnastics programs should be gone. The entire US Gymnastics board should be gone. I would also death penalty the MSU gymnastics program for two years.

    In additional news...the HOF class - Thome, Guerrero, Chipper, Hoffman & Morris, Trammell. Sorry...just reaching for plaques to put on the wall now. If we are going to keep the juicers out, we need to keep the marginal stars out. Clemens/Bonds are better than any of those 6, bar none. Chipper is the only guy who should be going in this year.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

    Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

    wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

    Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

  13. Boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Legacy Member from Loudonville, New York
    Posts
    5,077
    Bench Bucks
    3,626
    Bench Points
    621
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to collectorskip's ebay items


    #58
    Maybe all of this will finally result in the realization by everyone, coupled with appropriate action to address the fact, that college sports are not the clean-scrubbed, "win one for The Gipper," amature All-American system they pretend to be. they are nothing short of big-time, multi-million/billion dollar industry enriching colleges and universities on the backs (and knees, and brains, and arms) read bodies, of the athletes.

    As for HOF, in this day of metrics, you can construct an argument for almost any player that there are reasons he should be considered for the Hall by comparing him to some other player who Si in and showing how he was better. So it is becoming the Hall of Pretty Good.
    Boots
    Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    I am with you regarding MSU - multiple members of my family attended MSU and I was accepted to graduate school there, before I came to my senses and realized that would mean spending additional time in a Michigan winter..no thanks! The entire board of directors should be gone. The president resigned today. The athletic director should be gone and anyone associated with the sports med and gymnastics programs should be gone. The entire US Gymnastics board should be gone. I would also death penalty the MSU gymnastics program for two years.

    In additional news...the HOF class - Thome, Guerrero, Chipper, Hoffman & Morris, Trammell. Sorry...just reaching for plaques to put on the wall now. If we are going to keep the juicers out, we need to keep the marginal stars out. Clemens/Bonds are better than any of those 6, bar none. Chipper is the only guy who should be going in this year.
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

    Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

  14. David K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    67,435
    Bench Bucks
    33,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Bench Points
    10266
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

    #59
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/ Ends on frid night 14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

  15. David K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    67,435
    Bench Bucks
    33,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Bench Points
    10266
    Trader Rating
    5.0


    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items

    #60
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest has been posted!(Dec 8/ Ends on frid night 14) will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..Must be a member in good standing! Its 1-100 for this special contest!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •