Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

What I find interesting is the fact that their's 11 new voters and guess what.....10 of 11 voted for Barry Bonds and 11 of 11 voted for Clemens! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..very important to be a member in good standing! Sat contest for Pete Alonso auto 107/299 will be posted!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Maybe all of this will finally result in the realization by everyone, coupled with appropriate action to address the fact, that college sports are not the clean-scrubbed, "win one for The Gipper," amature All-American system they pretend to be. they are nothing short of big-time, multi-million/billion dollar industry enriching colleges and universities on the backs (and knees, and brains, and arms) read bodies, of the athletes.

As for HOF, in this day of metrics, you can construct an argument for almost any player that there are reasons he should be considered for the Hall by comparing him to some other player who Si in and showing how he was better. So it is becoming the Hall of Pretty Good.
    Boots
    Again, I agree to a point, but gymnastics isn't making any school rich...it is football and basketball, and that is it! Every other athlete is getting a scholarship because of those two sports and that is it.

And speaking of getting rich...how on earth does Duke get the #1, #2, #3 AND #10 recruits for next year in college hoops??? How long before he overtakes Calipari as sleaziest coach in the NCAA?? Or has he already done so.

Tiger tees it up in a couple hours..CAN'T WAIT!!

NBA All Star Draft tonight...Curry and LeBron are the captains. Please Lebron....take KD with your first pick and then Kyrie with your second pick!!! And than Westbrook, just so he can play with KD!!! And than you wonder if Love with get a hamstring strain if LeBron chooses him.... Why isn't this being televised???? It would be more entertaining than the game itself!!!!
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to collectorskip's ebay items

If you think that the major colleges/universities are running ANY national level sports program (whether it be gymnastics, swimming or bocce ball) altruistically, I think you are dreaming or naive While FB and BSKB are the BIG money makers, I don't think they are losing money on the others.

As for Duke, what evidence do you or anyone have that Coach K is sleazy? I choose to believe that the very reason he gets those recruits is because his reputation is impeccable.

Boots
    Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    Again, I agree to a point, but gymnastics isn't making any school rich...it is football and basketball, and that is it! Every other athlete is getting a scholarship because of those two sports and that is it.

And speaking of getting rich...how on earth does Duke get the #1, #2, #3 AND #10 recruits for next year in college hoops??? How long before he overtakes Calipari as sleaziest coach in the NCAA?? Or has he already done so.

Tiger tees it up in a couple hours..CAN'T WAIT!!

NBA All Star Draft tonight...Curry and LeBron are the captains. Please Lebron....take KD with your first pick and then Kyrie with your second pick!!! And than Westbrook, just so he can play with KD!!! And than you wonder if Love with get a hamstring strain if LeBron chooses him.... Why isn't this being televised???? It would be more entertaining than the game itself!!!!
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Christmas Contest will be open to everyone (including previous winners) ...but must have 15 bench points..very important to be a member in good standing! Sat contest for Pete Alonso auto 107/299 will be posted!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Golfers need a strong and healthy back. Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

David:
    Golfers need a strong back NINE!
    Boots
    Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Golfers need a strong and healthy back. Best regards, David
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

If you think that the major colleges/universities are running ANY national level sports program (whether it be gymnastics, swimming or bocce ball) altruistically, I think you are dreaming or naive While FB and BSKB are the BIG money makers, I don't think they are losing money on the others.

As for Duke, what evidence do you or anyone have that Coach K is sleazy? I choose to believe that the very reason he gets those recruits is because his reputation is impeccable.

Boots
    Sleazy, not dirty, and to me there is a difference (and maybe I used the wrong word). There is a book called Blue Bloods that details the Duke/Carolina rivalry - it is an eye opener. And that doesn't even take into account recent stuff. Petitioning the NCAA to remove all the losses from the season he had back surgery (but keep the wins). The Greyson Allen one game suspension for all the tripping incidents. The lying about what he said to the Oregon kid in the handshake line after they got bounced in the tourney. The kid who transferred to Maryland (can't remember his name right now) who stayed on the team despite two sexual assault charges. The list can go on and on. Just saying that K has gotten a pass on more than one or two incidents. And fairness in commentary, as a Carolina fan, I understand that the athletic department in Chapel Hill isn't squeaky clean right now either!!

As for the athletic teams being self-sustaining, I will disagree vehemently on that point. They may have alumni support that props them up, but the soccers, the field hockeys, the cross countrys, the softballs, they are not self sustaining revenue generators. They are being propped up by basketball/football revenues and television dollars. ESPN isn't spending a billion dollars to broadcast the NCAA womens ice hockey championship. They are spending it on Football Bowl Season and March Madness.

Tiger will need to shoot better than that today if he will hang around for the weekend. On the other hand, the prop bet in Vegas was over 74.5 in any round at the tourney. So if you took under, and he shoots 72-72 and misses the weekend, take the payout and walk away happy!!

David:
    Boots
    Golfers need a strong front AND back nine! Nothing worse than looking at a scorecard and seeing 37-44!!

The All Star Draft....LeBron took KD, Westbrook, Kyrie & Love. Still no reason to watch a 198-191 no defense exhibition!

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I agree with Katester as to what athletic teams make money. Almost always it is the football and basketball programs for the major conference schools. The other sports have no way of generating income and are total money losers. When I went to State the only sports that anyone cared about were football and basketball and hockey being a distant third which probably broke even financially. The only time anyone cared about baseball in the time I was there was when Kirk Gibson rewrote to Big Ten hitting record books the year after his football eligibility expired and that was only for one season. I dn't even know if MSU had a woman's gymnastics team back then. If they did, I am trying to figure out where they held practice which would have taken up a lot of room.

Woman's gymnastics may have been profitable of MSU in recent years though but not because of the actual team. it appears a lot of club teams for young girls would send their gymnasts to Nassar and MSU for treatment. It looks like there was a built in feeder system for providing the doctor with victims. So much so that the owner/coach of one of these clubs who was a good friend of Nassars is alleged to have purposely injured girls in his club to send to MSU for treatment and right into the Devil's Den.

So in this case I don't think it was "Big Sports" but rather "Big Academia" that was the reason for this 2 decades long scandal. Gotta keep that money coming in to the institution, don't 'cha know? And it is ironic to see that Big Academia who is known for their constant yammering and lecturing to the peons about tolerance, equality, the environment, safe spaces, using the correct pronouns and all the "woke" Bullish they pride themselves in, had this go on for what looks to be decades. If they knew about it they are pure evil. if they did not, they are grossly incompetent and not quite the "schmart" boys and girls were are told these psudo-intellectuals are.

"Do as I say, not as I do" should be the motto for MSU higher ups and others like hem

I do have to laugh at how Russia gets banned from the Olypmpics for doping (like we don't do the same) whereas all we do is allow sexual molestation of our Olympians and we are in good standing.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

David:
    Boots
    What this shows is as the day goes by.....his game starts to fall apart! More wear and tear on the back! Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Tiger's second round 71...barely makes the cut. Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

72,71, 70, 72... middle of the pack results. My question to Tiger Wood would be...how's your back feeling? Are u taking anything? Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

AFL 24 over NFL 23.....Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I’d be interested to see how many actually watched this. It used to have more interest to me when it was after the Super Bowl since I might be tempted to watch as it was the last game of the year (and it was always nice to see shots of Hawaii) but now it isn’t so I have even less incentive.
    Since I did not watch it, wondering if they have changed anything other than the location and date.
    AFL 24 over NFL 23.....Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I’d be interested to see how many actually watched this. It used to have more interest to me when it was after the Super Bowl since I might be tempted to watch as it was the last game of the year (and it was always nice to see shots of Hawaii) but now it isn’t so I have even less incentive.
    Since I did not watch it, wondering if they have changed anything other than the location and date.
    Right with you on this! I honestly didn't even know the Pro Bowl was on. And apparently, the NHL All Star game was yesterday as well?

Tiger has a nice 4 day result - and probably made a bunch of $$$ for anyone who backed him in Vegas. Funny how he still moves the needle, even not in contention. Every story about the tourney is about him, not about the 3 man playoff, that will have the last two finish today at 11am Eastern (Noren/Day). And truth be told, the story should be slow play, especially JB Holmes.

Ronda Rousey is now a full time WWE employee..hmmmm.....Guess it is better to have fake losses than get your head kicked in for real?

Kirby Puckett havelist: