Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38
    Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    Or as Jim Rome said "a school where he can let the players and coaches do whatever the Hell they want". USC anybody?
    Sounds reasonable to me....worked pretty well for Pete Carroll!

Did anybody else see Rudy Gobert get a foul called on him during the opening tip of the Jazz game the other night - I had never seen that before. And than he got himself ejected about 5 minutes later. All after getting fined $25k for complaining about the refs.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

Bench User Page has my most wanted and trade lists for 2011/12 Topps

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Lots of upsets in the NBA last night with the Bulls beating OKC, he Spurs beating the Lakers and Brooklyn beating the Raptors. I think the Lakers only play the Spurs, Suns and Blazers this year on their schedule. It seems every time I hear one of their scores it is one of those thrre teams. I know this is their 4th game with San Antonio this year.

It is really amazing at the lack of success for big men in the NBA anymore. Minnesota with Townes, and the Pels with Davis are only 10th and 12th in the West respectively. Rudy Gobert is the reigning NBA defensive player of the year and the Jazz are 11th in the same conference. Combine that with the lack of success by Cousins over the course of his career and big men are like dinosaurs anymore. I really wonder how valuable big men of the not so distant past like Duncan and Shaq would have fared these days? I'm thinking they would have been more along the lines of role players today instead of superstars.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Lots of upsets in the NBA last night with the Bulls beating OKC, he Spurs beating the Lakers and Brooklyn beating the Raptors. I think the Lakers only play the Spurs, Suns and Blazers this year on their schedule. It seems every time I hear one of their scores it is one of those thrre teams. I know this is their 4th game with San Antonio this year.

It is really amazing at the lack of success for big men in the NBA anymore. Minnesota with Townes, and the Pels with Davis are only 10th and 12th in the West respectively. Rudy Gobert is the reigning NBA defensive player of the year and the Jazz are 11th in the same conference. Combine that with the lack of success by Cousins over the course of his career and big men are like dinosaurs anymore. I really wonder how valuable big men of the not so distant past like Duncan and Shaq would have fared these days? I'm thinking they would have been more along the lines of role players today instead of superstars.
    Perhaps the Lakers schedule is backloaded against the better teams - because I agree, it feels like they have only played against about 5 different teams this year so far.....

I think you missed a key name for big men who are thriving right now - Joel Embiid (although he is complaining how his production isn't as good since Jimmy Butler came over - never mind that you have won 7 of 9, and he hit two game winners...). Of the two you mentioned - I think Duncan could have evolved his game to include 3 point shooting (maybe even David Robinson as well). Shaq shooting 3's would have been a comedic event. Would you rather have Jon Koncak or Patrick Ewing today?? I would almost lean towards Koncak, just based on potential ability to shoot the 3.

Congratulations to Army for beating Navy and taking home the Commander In Chief trophy this year. I am ashamed that I haven't seen this game played live, despite it being in Philly the majority of the time. Definitely a bucket list item for me.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    Perhaps the Lakers schedule is backloaded against the better teams - because I agree, it feels like they have only played against about 5 different teams this year so far.....

I think you missed a key name for big men who are thriving right now - Joel Embiid (although he is complaining how his production isn't as good since Jimmy Butler came over - never mind that you have won 7 of 9, and he hit two game winners...). Of the two you mentioned - I think Duncan could have evolved his game to include 3 point shooting (maybe even David Robinson as well). Shaq shooting 3's would have been a comedic event. Would you rather have Jon Koncak or Patrick Ewing today?? I would almost lean towards Koncak, just based on potential ability to shoot the 3.

Congratulations to Army for beating Navy and taking home the Commander In Chief trophy this year. I am ashamed that I haven't seen this game played live, despite it being in Philly the majority of the time. Definitely a bucket list item for me.
    I did in fact mean to mention Embid as the exception to the rule this year. He does have two other stars playing with him unlike the others. Gone are the days when a quality big man was a sure ticket to the playoffs.

Things seem to have reversed themselves in the NBA this year with the Spurs, Jazz and the Rockets all down and teams like the Clippers, Lakers and even Dallas up. And the balance of power between both conferences finally seems to have shifted to the East which is odd given LBJ went West. It is early but right now it looks like Golden State in the Wet and Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee and perhaps Indiana and Boston are the top teams in the NBA. Like I said, it is early but things eeem to be trending that way.

The biggest problems with the great big men of the not so distant past is their inability to cover the 3 which also would add to their woes. Someone like David Robinson may have been athletic enough to be adequate at that but so many others like Duncan and Shaq would really be at a disadvantage.

One of the things that is KILLING football for me is the constant reviews. If you saw that non ending review of Army's 4 and 2 attempt late in the game you'll know what I am saying. That review seemed to last 10 minutes and they still got it wrong! If you happened to see that part of the game (about 8 minutes left in the 4th) you'll know what I am talking about.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Wow....Patriots losing to the Dolphins. Chiefs 11-2 and the big game is Thursday night.....Chiefs vs. Chargers in Kansas City. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Sat Contest for Cal Ripken jr. auto 7/15 Topps five star 2018 has been posted!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I did in fact mean to mention Embid as the exception to the rule this year. He does have two other stars playing with him unlike the others. Gone are the days when a quality big man was a sure ticket to the playoffs.

Things seem to have reversed themselves in the NBA this year with the Spurs, Jazz and the Rockets all down and teams like the Clippers, Lakers and even Dallas up. And the balance of power between both conferences finally seems to have shifted to the East which is odd given LBJ went West. It is early but right now it looks like Golden State in the Wet and Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee and perhaps Indiana and Boston are the top teams in the NBA. Like I said, it is early but things eeem to be trending that way.

The biggest problems with the great big men of the not so distant past is their inability to cover the 3 which also would add to their woes. Someone like David Robinson may have been athletic enough to be adequate at that but so many others like Duncan and Shaq would really be at a disadvantage.

One of the things that is KILLING football for me is the constant reviews. If you saw that non ending review of Army's 4 and 2 attempt late in the game you'll know what I am saying. That review seemed to last 10 minutes and they still got it wrong! If you happened to see that part of the game (about 8 minutes left in the 4th) you'll know what I am talking about.
    I didn't tune into the Army/Navy game until about 2 minutes left, so missed the replay, but yes, it is getting ridiculous. Maybe even more so in hoops. Not sure why the teams get to go to the bench - seems like an unfair advantage if a team is out of timeouts.

Still a lot of hoops left to play, will see how it all plays out. Who would have thought the Rockets would drop the way they did, was Ariza that big a deal?? Kahwai is crushing it in the Great White North. Raptors have to push to sign him long term, right??? Max deal and see if they can get one more player to join him.

When does LeBron start taking nights off to rest - and how will that affect their ability to win. I am assuming he will bail on the toughest games, since they would lose anyway....(semi-sarcastic)

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Wow....Patriots losing to the Dolphins. Chiefs 11-2 and the big game is Thursday night.....Chiefs vs. Chargers in Kansas City. Best regards, David
    Crazy play that took the Pats down - why on earth would Gronk be playing deep safety/knock down, when there was no chance of a hail mary getting to the end zone -- should have had speed on the field, that knows how to tackle. Belichek outsmarting himself again.....

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I thought the same thing about Trevor Ariza. If the Spurs had signed him they'd be the biggest threat to Golden State right now. The Rockets fall is really shocking and mysterious.

Heisman winner Kyler Murray's tweets as a 14 year old make big news as he joins Josh Allen, Josh Hader, Sean Newcomb and Kevin Hart in mysteriously timed Twitter revelations during important events in their lives. It must just be a coincidence it keeps happening that way.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Pat Mahomes 4,300 yards 43 td 11 int...Not bad for his first year as the Chiefs Quarterback. Best regards, David PS three games lefted in the regular season....Home game with Chargers on Thurs.....Road game against the Bengels......and Home again against the Raiders.
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Sat Contest for Cal Ripken jr. auto 7/15 Topps five star 2018 has been posted!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Last week...all of the other top teams in the AFC losted......only Chiefs and Chargers won......Best regards, David

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I thought the same thing about Trevor Ariza. If the Spurs had signed him they'd be the biggest threat to Golden State right now. The Rockets fall is really shocking and mysterious.

Heisman winner Kyler Murray's tweets as a 14 year old make big news as he joins Josh Allen, Josh Hader, Sean Newcomb and Kevin Hart in mysteriously timed Twitter revelations during important events in their lives. It must just be a coincidence it keeps happening that way.
    You noticed that as well regarding the tweets. My two thoughts are...1) someone has WAY too much time on their hands. 2) if you are going to use Twitter, don't put stupid stuff out there, and if you do, expect repercussions. Channel your inner Herm Edwards - "DON'T PRESS SEND". If you don't put it out there, you can't get in trouble for it later.

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Pat Mahomes 4,300 yards 43 td 11 int...Not bad for his first year as the Chiefs Quarterback. Best regards, David PS three games lefted in the regular season....Home game with Chargers on Thurs.....Road game against the Bengels......and Home again against the Raiders.
    I am hoping Mahomes can get to 57 TD passes and claim his reward from Heinz and all the ketchup he could ever want.

Kirby Puckett havelist: