Opened a box of '17 A&G and 2 boxes of '15 Prizm retail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TribeBuckeyeFan

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Opened two retail boxes of 2015 Panini Prizm and a hobby box of 2017 A&G yesterday. Let me preface this by saying I just don't "get" A&G. Can't tell what is an insert or a subset, national park cards (?), fishing lure cards (?). I just don't see the attraction. I really like the prizm cards though; very reminiscent of Topps Chrome. Everything is available for trade or sale. Also, if anyone can provide BV's on some of this stuff it would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, on to what I pulled.

Prizm RC's (base set):

Rusney Castillo
Mike Foltynewicz
Christian Walker

Prizm RC's (blue prizm):

Cory Spangenburg
Lane Adams

USA Baseball:

Brandon Finnegan RC
Freddie Freeman prizm

Base prizm:

Eric Hosmer
Salvador Perez
Alex Cobb
Anthony Rizzo

Camo Prizm:

Gerrit Cole 111/199
Mike Zunino 73/199

Field Pass:

Frank Thomas

Diamond Marshals:

Alex Gordon
Roger Clemens

Blue Baseball Prizms (not numbered):

Lorenzo Cain
Greg Holland
Yordano Ventura
Alex Cobb
Everth Cabrera
Ichiro
Stephen Strasburg
Todd Frazier
Wei-Yin Chen
Yoenis Cespedes

Prizm Signatures:

Tom Koehler

Blue Prizms Autographs:

Starling Marte 69/75

Allen & Ginter RC's:

Jharel Cotton
Gavin Cecchini
Teoscar Hernandez
Tyler Glasnow
Antonio Senzatela
Aaron Judge
Amir Garrett
Raimel Tapia
German Marquez
Reynaldo Lopez
Dansby Swanson (mini)

Rediscover Topps:

Gerald Young 1989
Bob Walk 1988
Dave Stapleton 1987 (bronze/copper?)
Gary Woods 1984 (bronze/copper?)

OK, looked at the checklist and it appears the Required Reading, the fish stuff, the world's fair, dudes, what a day, etc. are all inserts. Will have to edit this post when I get home to list those.

Relic Cards:

Robinson Cano
Manny Machado

Box Loader:

Can't remember now, will update when I get home

And the hit of the day:

Alex Bregman Black Framed mini autograph 16/25 (probably going to Ebay unless I get a cash offer here).

I'd have interest in the Judge A&G if you are trading it. I have some extra Kluber/Ramirez RCs I can trade towards it.

Thanks,
Eric

Certainly, LMK what you have. Also pulled the base Kipnis and Lindor cards from A&G if you need/want them. Think I got Salazar also.

Hey, I can use the following from you:

2015 Panini Prizm Prizms #9 Eric Hosmer $2.50
2015 Panini Prizm Prizms Blue Baseball #10 Greg Holland $2.50
2015 Panini Prizm Prizms Blue Baseball #12 Yordano Ventura $3.00

What can you use from my trade lsit? Feel free to pick out $8 or $9 worth of cards and post it up.

K.C._Royals! - can use these:

2016 Topps Chrome Refractors #182 Corey Kluber - CLE - $2.00
2015 Panini Prizm Prizms Blue Baseball #50 Corey Kluber - CLE - $3.00
2015 Topps Rainbow Foil #341 Corey Kluber - CLE - $3.00

K.C._Royals! - can use these:

2016 Topps Chrome Refractors #182 Corey Kluber - CLE - $2.00
2015 Panini Prizm Prizms Blue Baseball #50 Corey Kluber - CLE - $3.00
2015 Topps Rainbow Foil #341 Corey Kluber - CLE - $3.00

thanks... trade posted and ready to mail from my end.

Also, I agree with you on Allen & Ginter... I like the look of the cards each year and the mini parallels, but I hate the non-baseball product. I know it is a nod to the original Allen & Ginter tobacco cards, but I hate spending $2.99 for a pack with 5 cards and getting 2 or 3 cards of something like a figure skater or a duck or fish or whatever.
The only non-baseball A&G cards I've ever liked have been the 2011 Shawn Michaels and the 2006 Hulk Hogan. That's two cards in 12 years... not a good ratio.

Certainly, LMK what you have. Also pulled the base Kipnis and Lindor cards from A&G if you need/want them. Think I got Salazar also.

The Judge books $12.

Have these extra Kluber and Ramirez cards:
2013 Topps Update Kluber RC $4
2014 Bowman Jose Ramirez RC $2.50
2014 Finest Jose Ramirez $4
2014 Topps Mini Jose Ramirez RC $3

I can send all 4 for the Judge plus the 3 Indians base you mentioned.

Thanks,
Eric

I'm interested in the Judge RC and the Marte auto.

Plmk if you can find enough for trade in the list below. Thanks Butch

2016 Topps Black #603 Shawn Armstrong $10.00
2016 Topps Gold #603 Shawn Armstrong $2.00
2017 Bowman's Best #57 Corey Kluber $0.75
2017 Topps Allen and Ginter #325 Danny Salazar SP $1.25
2017 Topps Allen and Ginter Relics #FSRBCKL Corey Kluber B $6.00
2017 Topps Chrome Blue Wave Refractors #175 Andrew Miller $10.00
2017 Topps Chrome Bowman Then and Now #BTN12 Francisco Lindor $2.50
2017 Topps Chrome Green Refractors #5 Corey Kluber $10.00
2017 Topps Chrome Refractors #126 Francisco Lindor $3.00
2017 Topps Chrome Refractors #164 Jason Kipnis $2.00
2017 Topps Gold #56 Danny Salazar $2.50

thanks... trade posted and ready to mail from my end.

Also, I agree with you on Allen & Ginter... I like the look of the cards each year and the mini parallels, but I hate the non-baseball product. I know it is a nod to the original Allen & Ginter tobacco cards, but I hate spending $2.99 for a pack with 5 cards and getting 2 or 3 cards of something like a figure skater or a duck or fish or whatever.
The only non-baseball A&G cards I've ever liked have been the 2011 Shawn Michaels and the 2006 Hulk Hogan. That's two cards in 12 years... not a good ratio.

First - interested in the Prizm Ichiro - Not sure what I have laying around Kluber wise to match up for it, but maybe when 2018 Series I releases, I will have something.

Second - I am a huge fan of A/G for the reasons you don't like it. The historical, animal, astronomy based subsets gave me a chance to build sets that interested in my son and he has been hooked since the dinosaur subset in 2012? Also, the sports "figures", IE, reporters, olympians, etc. great opportunity for those folks that do TTM to get alternate personalities on cards. Just my two cents!

LMK what you can find. Also will consider Jose' Ramirez and Jarrett Jack, if you have any basketball.

And there are obviously a lot of people that like the A&G or they wouldn't be getting produced for such a long time. Just not my thing. I kinda like the Turkey Red when they were making those with the similar base cards (i.e. kinda painted look, I guess?). Just all those subsets, plus parallels of everything, it's just overwhelming to try and figure everything out.

LMK what you can find. Also will consider Jose' Ramirez and Jarrett Jack, if you have any basketball.

And there are obviously a lot of people that like the A&G or they wouldn't be getting produced for such a long time. Just not my thing. I kinda like the Turkey Red when they were making those with the similar base cards (i.e. kinda painted look, I guess?). Just all those subsets, plus parallels of everything, it's just overwhelming to try and figure everything out.

Sounds good, let me see what I can find.

I liked the Turkey Red as inserts in 07/08?? in Topps Flagship. And everything is parallels now...