How does Beckett decide on what to officially name a set??? (manufacturing names???)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K.C._Royals!

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Question:

How come some sets in the Beckett guides have their manufacturer names on them and some do not?

For example, why is FINEST called "Finest" and not "Topps Finest" or why is Ultra called "Ultra" and not "Fleer Ultra"?

Conversely, why is TOPPS TRIPLE THREADS called "Topps Triple Threads" and not "Triple Threads" or why is "PANINI NATIONAL TREASURES" called "Panini National Treasures" and not just "National Treasures"?

Is their any rhyme or reason behind this?

Personally, I wish all the sets had their manufacture names in front of them. I try to keep all my cards in order like Beckett has them because they're easier to pull/find that way, but it is weird that my SP cards aren't with my Upper Deck's and my Studio's aren't with my other Donruss cards.

I have no idea why Beckett does what they do. But for keeping track of cards you can make a folder in organize and label it whatever you want. For example:

Fleer Tradition for Fleer Tradition

Fleer Ultra for Ultra

Upper Deck SP Au for Sp Authentic

Upper Deck Ovation for Ovation

That way they will be in alphabetical order under organize.

Also you can add a year before the MFGR. and the will be listed by year first.

2004 Upper Deck Ovation for Ovation

Butch

I have the same gripe as K.C._Royals!
It's not a question of how I name them for purposes of my organization; it's a question of trying to guess what B]eckett calls the card when trying to get pricing!
Oh well.
Boots

Don't overload with info. The least amount the better.
I have the same gripe as K.C._Royals!
It's not a question of how I name them for purposes of my organization; it's a question of trying to guess what B]eckett calls the card when trying to get pricing!
Oh well.
Boots

I figure it's just easier to search with a shortened version of the card name as long as you add the card number & possibly the year also. Even some players can be found just using their nicknames like Tulo or Longo.

I didn't know about the Tulo or Longo thing, tried it because I didn't think it would work, but it did..........I agree with the whole name convention deal...........God forbid if you spell something wrong too...........That really is frustrating...........But what can you do?